[non-permissible content removed]
By johnoyed on
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
5 time jeep owner, Lease 2011 jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Warning lights start blinking , Hard time starting, rear cam doesn't work. They say its the mother board. Under warranty- Great!!. BUTTTTTTT it will take 2 weeks to get it and they will not give me a free rental. I'm paying lease, insurance, garage on a car that is out of commission for 2 weeks because of warrantied parts and they want me to pay for rental car. So i guess a warranty doesn't mean anything. Last time having a jeep.
By johnhenry14
on 08/24/13 20:07 PM (PDT)

Go read all about this problem on carcomplaints dotcom; My 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been in the shop for one month now, it' s the same problem; what you call the Mother Board is really known as the TIPM ; the totally integrated power module. I got news for you, there are 25,000 of them backordered in the USA and they say they will have them some time in September but what they don't say is that the back order is because the only company licensed to make them for jeep is going out of business over this problem, and Jeep really doesn't know when their going to get their new Mother Boards for all us 25,000 people. I'm in a Rental Dodge Charger built by Chrysler at no charge to me, they should provide you a rental as well; Call Chrysler and complain, don't count on your dealer doing this for you. Good Luck and keep us posted, post your situation on all the social media networks as well.