2010 Jaguar XF Consumer Review: Great Car and Fantastic Value.

2010 Jaguar XF - Consumer Review

Premium Sedan (5.0L V8 6-speed Automatic)

Great Car and Fantastic Value....
By AJMarton on

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have an LR2 coming off lease and was considering the Jag XF, Audi A6, Mercedes E350 and BMW 335 or 5 series as my next car. I also have a 2000 XJ8 so I was a little concerned about build quality and reliability. I ultimately chose the XF because of its unique styling. There are so many BMWs and Mercedes in LA that I wanted something different for my $50k. The XF is definitely a head turner and I love the body styling. Reminds me of the Austin. It also has a well appointed interior with all the bells and whistles you can ask for. I was really turned off by the fact that most of the options I wanted were extra on the BMW. The performance is also amazing and you can really tweak it.

Sport and paddle shift options. Cool power up features. I really like the experience of getting into the XF and watching the power button pulse and then the vents roll up and shifter comes up quickly. I can start up the XF quicker than the LR2 which I thought was slow when I was in a hurry.

Better video display and update NAV system. Its essentially the same as in my 2007 LR2. Better quality paddles. Lights under the hood and in trunk. Auto trunk close. Less dust on OEM brake pads.