2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Review: 2013 Santa Fe 2.0 Sport

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Review

2013 Santa Fe 2.0 Sport
By rmcbain on

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased the Santa Fe at Palm springs Hyundai and have two problems. The drivers seat was loose and when you drive away from a stop you felt as if you were going to tip backwards. It was resolved with a quick repair at the local dealership. The other problem is that the gas pedal does not work all the time. You get a dead feeling and there is no power when you go to pull away from an intersection or what ever. It is extremely discomforting when you are trying to cross a lane of traffic and the car does not respond to pressing on teh gas pedal. It seems to be happening more often than it first did. Anyone else have this problem.
By carguy209
on 01/15/15 06:50 AM (PST)

We are experiencing the same issue with our 2013 Santa Fe Sport Turbo. The gas peddle will randomly stop responding, forcing us to coast to the side of the road. There's also a terrible jolting action that occurs when taking off from a dead stop. The vehicle has been in the Hyundai service department for months on four separate occasions without resolve. Each time they claim it's fixed, and it's not. Have you all found a solution to the issue yet?

By cpc4
on 10/07/13 14:44 PM (PDT)

2013 santa fe sport 2.4l awd purchased jan. 2013. I only have 5000 miles on the car and have had the throttle issue 4 times. It has only happened on hot days, 95+degrees. It seems to happen when you are getting ready to say make a left turn, one foot on the brake and you hit the throttle only to have nothing happen for a second or two.agree very discomforting! Naturally I cant duplicate this for the dealer because it happens so rarely. As far the the steering issues, I have had absolutely none. The car steers straight as an arrow on the highway or in town. I must have got lucky on that issue because i read many complaints about the steering.....So far ,I really like this car!

By rmcbain
on 05/26/14 12:31 PM (PDT)

I also forgot to advise that there is a class action lawsuit that has been awarded to owners of 2013 and 2014 Hyundai's regarding false advertising about gas mileage. Check it out on the web under Hyundai class action. I filed my application two weeks ago and have not heard anything yet.

By rmcbain
on 05/26/14 12:28 PM (PDT)

I had the accelerator problem since reporting it to the dearlership. They cleaned the map sensor and it seemed ok for awhile. Now it is worse than ever. It also happens when you are in traffic and go to move ahead and the car just launches ahead and if you are not ready you will rear end the car in front of you. It is definitely a problem. I think that I will try once more at the dealership and make a decision after that whether to sell or try something else. We are using premium on every second fill and using a gas additive.