2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews 4

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
New Santa Fe huge improvement over previous model
By twhouston on 07/29/13 08:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2010 Santa Fe Limited for a 2013 GLS with AWD. I would have like to have gone for the Limited but I wanted 7 seats, and not 6. So far, I have to say that for the most part, the vehicle is much improved. The exterior is much more handsome, although you lose a little rear visibility. The interior is vastly improved, with much more comfortable seats, higher material quality, and hugely improved instrumentation and controls. Most noticeable is the improved quietness of the car, and the vastly improved ride quality. In the older version, you would feel a big jolt over minor potholes. The new one adsorbs the impact so that they are barely perceptible.

Surprising in every way...
By entheo on 07/29/13 04:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

let me start by saying that i've previously owned four straight Audis, the last of which felt pretty boring to me, so it was time for a change. after test driving numerous vehicles (including BMW, Porsche) i took a spin in the sante fe 2.0T AWD, and was frankly shocked at how nice it was. i've purchased one and i couldn't be happier -- it's quiet, refined, peppy, smooth, handles well and is actually fun to drive. very nice set of features, and of course an outstanding warranty. and all this for half (or more) of what i would have paid for a German counterpart. unless you feel obligated to impress your neighbors with an expensive nameplate you owe it to yourself to take one for a test drive.

Low beam
By pierrot2 on 07/28/13 06:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have had our Santa Fe for a month now, so far so good. Steering takes a little getting used to. But I find the that on low beams, the lights make a line that is very anoying when driving on the highway. As anyone noticed this problem, if so how can it be fixed. The vehicle is brand new to us, never driven a Hyundai before always GM's which were very good.

Better choices out there
By sunstormreview on 07/04/13 09:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Never owned a Hyundai product, I was smitten by the high style high feature content at a competitive price. My first Santa fe was so riddled with problems Hyundai gave me another. The second has less than half the problems as the first with one common issue that botheres me most, the vehicle randomly shuts off! This has only happend four times in 9 months but it's very serious problem in my opinion. Its very random- the suv loses all power and just stops, it restarts straight away. So far two dealers cannot figure it out. My other two gripes are terrible fuel economy, and interior rattles. Overall I'm much less than happy here. There are other owners who feel the same way I've spoke to.

2013 Santa Fe 2.0T
By rhiannon2 on 06/17/13 19:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased our Santa Fe in Jan 2013 and have had many issues with it. The steering is terrible and apparently nothing can be done. We have had 2 alignments already but it has not helped how the vehicle wanders and pulls.We had to have transmission replaced at 4,800 km and there was a recall on the back up sensors that could short out and cause a fire. At 5,200 km it is experiencing stalling and rough running issues as well as check gas cap light. Not impressed with hyundai refusing to pay for towing over 100 km since we do live in rural Alberta and closest dealership is over 100 km away.I have been left stranded by this so called new vehicle.I have lost confidence and now afraid to drive .

No pick up
By newcar62 on 06/11/13 07:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really want to love this car. I love the exterior and interior design and all the features it has. For these reasons, I would say the car has good value. HOWEVER, I have had the car not even 2 weeks and cannot get used to the 4 cylinder, which I'm assuming is the reason the car has NO pick up. It takes too long to get going every time I have to accelerate and this makes me dread every single traffic light/stop sign. Maybe it is because I am coming from the 6 cyl. tuscon, but it just doesnt seem like enough power for an suv. I dont remember my test drive being like this so I'm tempted to go drive another one at the dealership andsee if it's a problem with my car. Anyone else have this?

Hyundia Santa Fe Sport
By fulltag on 06/06/13 10:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We've only had our Santa Fe Sport for a month but so far so good. So this review is about my experience dealing with Hyundai. In shopping for the Santa Fe, we found out that they are very limited on their availability for certain models. We were looking for Santa Fe Sport in Cabo Bronse with the popular package. There was NOT ONE in California. I also found out that there were only 3-4 in the state with these specs with colors only in white, black, and silver. The dealer said they can get our choice color, but the could not, so please research and shop around before buying.

4Great car for the $$$
By dlegend on 05/28/13 13:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Pretty good vehicle. We are happy with the design and appearance so far. Still breaking it in, so can't give you an estimate on the gas mileage that is valid, nor how it agrees with the manufacturer, but so far, city driving has given us 18-20 mpg. The car has plenty of power, if you feel you need more, then you should get a V-8 or a sports car......this car is plenty good and gives power when needed, and decent fuel consumption. Third row seat is no good for anyone taller than 5' 10" - unless you are driving a basketball team, someone will be shorter, and those people can survive on even longer trips. I am 6' 4" and the first 2 rows have plenty of room. The panoramic roof is awesome!

Love it for the most part
By suvlover21 on 05/25/13 15:48 PM (PDT)

I love the car for the most part, I go commute to and from school as well as work and outings with family and friends. In mixed driving the computer shows an average ranging from 24.5 to 27.0 MPG with the AWD turbo. Not sure how accurate that is given what the dealer said it should be getting HWY, plus the car always states about 330 miles until empty with a full tank. Took a 300 mile trip and only used half a tank, not complaining though. Only issue is servicing the vehicle, Hyundai service always has something else to blame. I installed HIDs and a SUB 3 months ago, 2 days ago an Engine Control System warning comes on, Hyundai blames the after market parts, says its an electrical spike.

Best bang for your buck
By king_james on 05/21/13 13:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got the Santa Fe with a trade-in, and the total cost was about 29K (before trade) with the warranty/gap/taxes etc. Although I did not get a package like the sunroof, leather interior, rear view camera, gps, etc., I think the base model is still a great deal for the money I spent. I need an awd due to my location, and this vehicle is the best option out there for this price. I also checked options like Ford, Nissan, Mazda and Honda, and I would have to spend an extra 5-10K just to get the same level of comfort/performance from the other brands.