2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
2013 Santa Fe 2.0T
By rhiannon2 on 06/17/13 19:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased our Santa Fe in Jan 2013 and have had many issues with it. The steering is terrible and apparently nothing can be done. We have had 2 alignments already but it has not helped how the vehicle wanders and pulls.We had to have transmission replaced at 4,800 km and there was a recall on the back up sensors that could short out and cause a fire. At 5,200 km it is experiencing stalling and rough running issues as well as check gas cap light. Not impressed with hyundai refusing to pay for towing over 100 km since we do live in rural Alberta and closest dealership is over 100 km away.I have been left stranded by this so called new vehicle.I have lost confidence and now afraid to drive .

No pick up
By newcar62 on 06/11/13 07:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really want to love this car. I love the exterior and interior design and all the features it has. For these reasons, I would say the car has good value. HOWEVER, I have had the car not even 2 weeks and cannot get used to the 4 cylinder, which I'm assuming is the reason the car has NO pick up. It takes too long to get going every time I have to accelerate and this makes me dread every single traffic light/stop sign. Maybe it is because I am coming from the 6 cyl. tuscon, but it just doesnt seem like enough power for an suv. I dont remember my test drive being like this so I'm tempted to go drive another one at the dealership andsee if it's a problem with my car. Anyone else have this?

Hyundia Santa Fe Sport
By fulltag on 06/06/13 10:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We've only had our Santa Fe Sport for a month but so far so good. So this review is about my experience dealing with Hyundai. In shopping for the Santa Fe, we found out that they are very limited on their availability for certain models. We were looking for Santa Fe Sport in Cabo Bronse with the popular package. There was NOT ONE in California. I also found out that there were only 3-4 in the state with these specs with colors only in white, black, and silver. The dealer said they can get our choice color, but the could not, so please research and shop around before buying.

4Great car for the $$$
By dlegend on 05/28/13 13:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Pretty good vehicle. We are happy with the design and appearance so far. Still breaking it in, so can't give you an estimate on the gas mileage that is valid, nor how it agrees with the manufacturer, but so far, city driving has given us 18-20 mpg. The car has plenty of power, if you feel you need more, then you should get a V-8 or a sports car......this car is plenty good and gives power when needed, and decent fuel consumption. Third row seat is no good for anyone taller than 5' 10" - unless you are driving a basketball team, someone will be shorter, and those people can survive on even longer trips. I am 6' 4" and the first 2 rows have plenty of room. The panoramic roof is awesome!

Love it for the most part
By suvlover21 on 05/25/13 15:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the car for the most part, I go commute to and from school as well as work and outings with family and friends. In mixed driving the computer shows an average ranging from 24.5 to 27.0 MPG with the AWD turbo. Not sure how accurate that is given what the dealer said it should be getting HWY, plus the car always states about 330 miles until empty with a full tank. Took a 300 mile trip and only used half a tank, not complaining though. Only issue is servicing the vehicle, Hyundai service always has something else to blame. I installed HIDs and a SUB 3 months ago, 2 days ago an Engine Control System warning comes on, Hyundai blames the after market parts, says its an electrical spike.

Best bang for your buck
By king_james on 05/21/13 13:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got the Santa Fe with a trade-in, and the total cost was about 29K (before trade) with the warranty/gap/taxes etc. Although I did not get a package like the sunroof, leather interior, rear view camera, gps, etc., I think the base model is still a great deal for the money I spent. I need an awd due to my location, and this vehicle is the best option out there for this price. I also checked options like Ford, Nissan, Mazda and Honda, and I would have to spend an extra 5-10K just to get the same level of comfort/performance from the other brands.

Couple of things to watch for before you buy
By snix51 on 05/08/13 15:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The beige dashboard panels glares horribly off the windshield. Check this out before you buy. Maybe you can ignore it - I can't. I have put a black towel over the panel to the left of the steering wheel to knock out the glare. And awful blind spots, particuarly on the driver's side. I had to put a "blind spot mirror" on outside mirror. Hyundai should be put in those "blind spot warning lights" in the future. These are the only two things I have to say against this car. Otherwise, I love it.

nice interior, poor mileage
By wkottas on 04/24/13 09:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After looking at several different SUVs, we decided upon the Sante Fe. You will be challenged to find a different SUV with the options provided on the Sante Fe. The passengers in the back also have heated seats that they control; very nice. The steering is crazy sensitive, and the mpg is no where close to the advertised or what is displayed on the dash; do the math! (#miles / #gal put in). Overall, disappointed Hyundai STILL having mileage issues. I commute weekly (120 miles round trip). The average mpg shown on the dash is always higher than the actual by 3-5mpg! Been to shop multiple times and dealer agrees there is a problem. overall, I average 22mpg

Love this vehicle
By alex170 on 04/22/13 18:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

First cross over I've ever owned always had SUVs. So far I love it, very classy,comfortable, snappy! I hope it is everything I am expecting.

Love our Santa Fe Sports
By donnie71281 on 04/21/13 13:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased 2 SFS in November. Mine is the 2.0T and the other is the 2.4. Both are exceptional CUV's. The AWD has been wonderful in the snow too. The 2.4 get 22 in the city and the 2.0T has been getting 21. Highway for the 2.0T averages stays between 26-28. For an AWD CUV I am happy with the MPG. I've had experience with the 2.0T in my 2011 Optima. Though the HP is less in the SFS I am more than pleased with the power. The only issues we have had is trying to decide which one to take!! Absolutely love the purchases we made.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe in VA is:

$129 per month*