2013 Hyundai Santa Fe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:
4Great car for the $$$
By dlegend on 05/28/13 13:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Pretty good vehicle. We are happy with the design and appearance so far. Still breaking it in, so can't give you an estimate on the gas mileage that is valid, nor how it agrees with the manufacturer, but so far, city driving has given us 18-20 mpg. The car has plenty of power, if you feel you need more, then you should get a V-8 or a sports car......this car is plenty good and gives power when needed, and decent fuel consumption. Third row seat is no good for anyone taller than 5' 10" - unless you are driving a basketball team, someone will be shorter, and those people can survive on even longer trips. I am 6' 4" and the first 2 rows have plenty of room. The panoramic roof is awesome!

Love it for the most part
By suvlover21 on 05/25/13 15:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the car for the most part, I go commute to and from school as well as work and outings with family and friends. In mixed driving the computer shows an average ranging from 24.5 to 27.0 MPG with the AWD turbo. Not sure how accurate that is given what the dealer said it should be getting HWY, plus the car always states about 330 miles until empty with a full tank. Took a 300 mile trip and only used half a tank, not complaining though. Only issue is servicing the vehicle, Hyundai service always has something else to blame. I installed HIDs and a SUB 3 months ago, 2 days ago an Engine Control System warning comes on, Hyundai blames the after market parts, says its an electrical spike.

Best bang for your buck
By king_james on 05/21/13 13:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got the Santa Fe with a trade-in, and the total cost was about 29K (before trade) with the warranty/gap/taxes etc. Although I did not get a package like the sunroof, leather interior, rear view camera, gps, etc., I think the base model is still a great deal for the money I spent. I need an awd due to my location, and this vehicle is the best option out there for this price. I also checked options like Ford, Nissan, Mazda and Honda, and I would have to spend an extra 5-10K just to get the same level of comfort/performance from the other brands.

Couple of things to watch for before you buy
By snix51 on 05/08/13 15:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The beige dashboard panels glares horribly off the windshield. Check this out before you buy. Maybe you can ignore it - I can't. I have put a black towel over the panel to the left of the steering wheel to knock out the glare. And awful blind spots, particuarly on the driver's side. I had to put a "blind spot mirror" on outside mirror. Hyundai should be put in those "blind spot warning lights" in the future. These are the only two things I have to say against this car. Otherwise, I love it.

nice interior, poor mileage
By wkottas on 04/24/13 09:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After looking at several different SUVs, we decided upon the Sante Fe. You will be challenged to find a different SUV with the options provided on the Sante Fe. The passengers in the back also have heated seats that they control; very nice. The steering is crazy sensitive, and the mpg is no where close to the advertised or what is displayed on the dash; do the math! (#miles / #gal put in). Overall, disappointed Hyundai STILL having mileage issues. I commute weekly (120 miles round trip). The average mpg shown on the dash is always higher than the actual by 3-5mpg! Been to shop multiple times and dealer agrees there is a problem. overall, I average 22mpg

Love this vehicle
By alex170 on 04/22/13 18:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

First cross over I've ever owned always had SUVs. So far I love it, very classy,comfortable, snappy! I hope it is everything I am expecting.

Love our Santa Fe Sports
By donnie71281 on 04/21/13 13:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased 2 SFS in November. Mine is the 2.0T and the other is the 2.4. Both are exceptional CUV's. The AWD has been wonderful in the snow too. The 2.4 get 22 in the city and the 2.0T has been getting 21. Highway for the 2.0T averages stays between 26-28. For an AWD CUV I am happy with the MPG. I've had experience with the 2.0T in my 2011 Optima. Though the HP is less in the SFS I am more than pleased with the power. The only issues we have had is trying to decide which one to take!! Absolutely love the purchases we made.

Issues with Santa Fe 2013
By fbarrado on 04/07/13 13:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought our Santa Fe 2013 in Canada mid Sept 2012. We have experienced many issues after 6 months and 14,000 km (8,700 miles): 1) warning of fuel cap open (fixed after 2 visits) 2) noise on steering column could hear it when stopping the car, part ordered and changed problem solved 3) leather steering wheel cracked, changed warranty, 2 complaints) 4) driver seat was loose, it seems to be a widespread problem (fixed 3 months) 5) Recall of rear camera:risk of fire, fixed 6) Mix mileage is poor, best achieved was 8-10 km/l, not solved (Hyundai Fuel program: card with CAD$42/6,000km a big joke) 7) Found today water leak on driver side below the dashboard. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CAR!

We love our 2013 SFS Limited
By miker204 on 04/07/13 00:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I picked up our Limited SFS a week and a bit ago and it has been fantastic. I have been reading reviews on here prior to purchasing the unit but after a few test drives we decided to trade in the Tucson and upgrade (and what an upgrade it is). So far we have put on about 650kms but so far so good. No issues with steering, no leaking (ran it through a few touchless car washes) and heat in the rear seems fine (my wife says its comfortable for her and our 1 year old). Knock on wood nothing to really complain about except that its missing a power lift gate!

We're happy with it so far....
By dan90638 on 04/01/13 13:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We put on about 1500 miles on it so far. Great interior and exterior design. It's very quiet, more so than the CRV and RAV4. It's very comfortable and smooth. There are blind spots, but if you pay attention and add a blind spot mirror (and actually turn your head to look like you're suppose to), then it's not that bad. MPG is 18-22, 27-31 in the highway, with a 24 avg, depending on the condition. Had to replace the gas tank due to a melted hose,w which caused the gas pump to shut off thinking it's full, but no problem since. Overall, we're happy and satisfied with the car, but the long term eval is still to be determined.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe in NJ is:

$189 per month*