2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Excellent car for the price
By Mike on 04/21/06 13:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very satisfied with my Elantra. It gets great gas mileage with the manual transmission, and has plenty of pickup for an economy car. The seats are comfortable, and I haven't heard any rattles inside. Everything seems to be of high quality. The stereo sounds very good, much better than you would expect for a car in this class. Absolutely no complaints so far! For $13,500 after deducting the rebate you can't beat this deal. I have seen photos of what the new version will look like and the current Elantra looks better! Plus the new Elantra will likely have some quirks and design errors (being the first year after a redesign), so I felt more comfortable buying the current '06 model.

VERY GOOD VEHICLE
By LEOFONT on 03/30/06 05:29 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned new Honda's (2001) Audi and Nissan's and this car is just as good with riding features as the aforementioned, if not better than the Nissan and Audi.....great response on the highway, nimble handling, (better than the Honda)and fun to drive...I got 25 Mpg on my first mileage test, but the tradeoff in power is worth it... The dealership was very accommodating and so far completly satisified.... The only downside I can see is the materials are on the "Cheapie" side, and ashtray, accessories are not of the high quality standards of the Honda

Gas Milage
By Mike Watson on 03/02/06 12:56 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am pleased to announce that I get 26 to 30 in town and 35 on the road at 65 miles per hour. Air pressure had to be adjusted before the check as 36 pounds were in each tire. currently about 2400 miles on car

Very Good Car for Very Good Price
By Christopher Gannon on 03/02/06 05:54 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first "new" car I have ever purchased, and I think it compares very favorably to the Corolla and Civic. I found that it comes with many more options standard at a much lower price, and the warranty was a definite plus for me.

2006 Hyundai
By James on 02/20/06 21:09 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first new vehicle ever, and I plan to drive this for many years to come. Although I originally intended to purchase the '06 hatchback, it was only available in a manual which I wasn't looking forward to as I drive in a lot of stop-and-go traffic. The driving of the vehicle is fantastic and I have driven some vehicles that cost twice its amount that perform much less effectively. The Elantra has a peppy 4-cyl that proves that this world does not need to be dominated by 6-cyl vehicles; it is both peppy and quick when it needs to be. It comes standard with most of the features that are not provided standard on comparable vehicles.

Best car in price range, or even higher
By mike on 02/18/06 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very happy with car, quality far above domestic cars,and beats many Japanese models costing thousands more which is a big surprise to me. The Koreans are offering a lot for the money.

Good Luck Fixing It
By driver on 02/11/06 23:50 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The check-engine light went on. So I went to the dealer, who told me the exhaust manifold is cracked, and it will not be covered under the warranty because "it must be your driving." A few months later, I get a letter from Hyundai telling me exactly that the car is known to crack the manifold itself. So I go to the dealer and asked both the exhaust manifold and catalyst converter to be replaced. The fix costed over $800, and Hyunai would only reimburse about $400. 1 weeks later, car starts to lose power, and eventually died on the highway. It turns out the dealer never replaced the manifold or the converter and the car overheated and killed radiator.

First Hyundai
By J on 01/18/06 22:16 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is our first Hyundai, and I have been very impressed. The ride is so smooth and quiet. Also, it is enjoyable to both drive and/or be a passenger in this vehicle because it is very comfortable. We have been shopping the market for some time now and this was the best vehicle we found for the money!

06 Elantra
By rosegaliana on 01/18/06 14:40 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is our 4th Hyundai. What can we say, we keep coming back! Our first was a 93 Excel, then an 01 Accent, and an 02 Elantra GT. We bought this car a few days ago for my husband and so far he loves it! We had a Forenza and the Elantra is way better. Good styling (a bit like my old Elantra), comfy seats, fun to drive. My Elantra had no problems, but the Accent had transmission problems (but it also got driven into the ground) so we aren't worried. Looking forward to many good years with this one. We paid 11,300, so can't complain. Oh, and by the way, there are rear cup holders! Just below the rear bench, in between, push in and they pop out!

Fantastic car
By Danvik on 01/14/06 22:54 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Thi small sedan has a smooth, comfortable drive. Handles like a mid- size, and has that much room. Fantastic car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.