2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
fun and young
By leahsphotography on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good my csar is running well road trip to florida here we come

Elantra Hatchback 2004
By geogorsuch on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Hyundai 4dr GT Hatchback because I needed a small car for my small garage and I wanted better gas mileage than with my van.The automobile is a jewel. It is solid, classy, and top quality in every aspect, inside and out. It provides excellent handling and performance and gets 26.5 miles to the gallon day in and day out. It has a five year warrenty and I bought it for something like $13,500 after rebates. How can you beat it?

Rick's Review
By Rick0225 on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Pros: A lot of thought went into designing this car. The amount of equipment included for the price is an exceptional value Cons: Within two months the service was required for the following problems: Clutch switch. License plate light Cruise control unit Also the service manager informed me two days ago that there was a safety recall for this model. It involves the positioning of a particular clamp which may puncture the fuel tank in a serious collision.

Elantra GT
By bonniehyundai on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The longer I've had the GT, the better I like it. I get average mileage around town, but I get 42 on the freeway!

2nd Elantra
By stanman on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have 2 Elantras in our family; the other is a 2001 Elantra GLS with nearly 30,000 miles. Both vehicles have performed very well and have proven to be very reliable. The only problem to date was with the radio/cd player in the 2001 model. After the 3rd swap by the dealership (Keyes)it's been fine.

My Review
By Coryk14 on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Good experience so far

Real Review, this is not a 10 CAR!!
By CamaroCurt on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is an OK car, nothing special especially in terms of the materials used. Car has many squeaks/rattles/buzzes that the dealer does not want to address. Car handles well and the 4 wheel discs work well. Seats are comfy and I fit, 6'5" 225lbs nicely. Build quality is only fair due to rattles and cheapness of interior materials, seats are already showing wear?? in 2 months... This concerns me. Car can be caught completely flat footed on hills where it WILL NOT downshift, the lead tech told me this was a KNOWN issue , he also said they were not as well made as the Sonata,

Bang For Your Buck
By Valubuyer on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my GT Hatchback for 30 days now. I have found it to be a fantastic car. I realize there are a significant percentage of buyers out there who will not be satisfied unless they have paid a lot of money for their vehicle. Try as you might, you will be unable to pay more than $14,000, so you folks will need to look elsewhere. I went with the hatchback vs. the sedan trim based on the distinctive style. A word of caution however; the hatchback model with ABS/moonroof package seems to be a pretty rare animal. Be prepared to wait for delivery.

Best Car for the Money
By Francois on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just said goodbye to my 97 Elantra and decided to go back with Hyundai. The new Elantra is big, more powerful and much more attractive. I got the GT Hatchback fully loaded for $14K. No ABS however. The leather (the real thing) is very nice, the purple/red dashboard illumination at night is very "cool". The sounds system is quite impressive for a car of this price. However i love that it can play MP3 CDs. No one can beat the warranty and you won't be able to find another car with Leather, Sunroof, impressive sounds systems, Alarm, power everything for the price. The ride is very quiet, even with the sunroof open on the highway.. VERY IMPRESSIVE!

GREAT CAR!!!
By Elantre on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Amazig car, for any money. Maybe not any money but Its worht at least 23-28K and I got my GT Hatchback fully loaded with ABS and Sunroof dont forget the leather CD alloys great 5-door styling unlike mazda and ford which are just wagons for under 15K out the door.