2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback Consumer Reviews 5

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2002 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Best in class
By drickey on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Hyundai Elantra GT is everything it was purported to be in 95% of the reviews I read. Mine has the two available options packages, power sunroof and Traction Control System with ABS. Many standard features including A/C; Leather seats, steering wheel and door trim; AM/FM/CD; 4 wheel disk brakes; side airbags; and many other items. Good handling on various road surfaces. Have driven the car hard and fast. Lots of power available when engine is mated to the manual transmission. Finding a GT with the manual was difficult, especially one fully loaded with the chianti paint. The only negative issues are minor. Overall this car is hard to beat.

Cannot beat this car!!!!!!!!! 5 STAR A+
By Chief Captain Moroni on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a new car and spent time reserching makes model and prices v/s quality. I narrowed it to two makes and models. The KIA Spectra GSX and the Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT. I drove the KIA first and did not feel well about that experience. When I sat in the Elantra GT Hatch, it was instant Love. This is a great car with Standard Leather Seats, CD, Cruise, PW, PL, and a well laid out interior. You will not find a better warranty and some dealers are offering 12/120000 mile warranties if you buy from them. Super quality and Hyundai is now ranked equal to Honda quality. I can believe it. Get em while they are cheap. And remember Read the B.O.M.

7K miles of reliability
By IngridFlagstaff on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the GT 8 months ago, put 7K miles on it, changed oil once. No other maintenance or any problems or rattles to report. This is the first new car I've ever bought. Did a lot of research and haven't regretted spending less money than my friends who bought Hondas and Toyotas. I'll be done with payments a year before they will be... If you want a reliable, sporty, economic, AND comfortable car consider an Elantra GT.

Carbon Blue Elantra GT
By Edstrd on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice vehicle for the money. Lots of options and a great commuter car.

Best Kept Secret
By gene frazier on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best kept secret in autodom. Great fit and finish, adequate performance and in my experience, relibility second to none. I have had one problem in two years and 57,000 miles, warped brake rotors. The dealer replaced all four rotors no questions asked and the problem has not returned.

sporty. fun, and reliable
By danhw6 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a dream from day one. I love driving it. it has considerable punch. i consistently 350 to 400 miles to the gallon. i am thouroughly impressed with hyundai's new crop of cars.

Excellent car for the money
By charnold01 on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Much better than a saturn or even a ford. Car is laid out conservativly in the interior but has standard Leather Seats. Get it for the seats if nothing else. Thay make a big diffrence in the hot spring and summer

Magnificent AutomobileLovelyElantraGT
By GLCMAT on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I must tell anybody vividly how joyful I am to have purchased a Hundai Elantra GT 2002(hatchback). Its mechanical, electrical and physical features are about the space-age (with cd player, too, great!)--what more will I ask for. This SMALL-GIANT automobile is socially and economically created with prestige for everyone with taste of class-WOW! My family and friends admire it.

Fast, Fun and Features Oh My!
By drvrage on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am so very pleased with my Elantra after 5000km. I love it a little more each day. I adore the firm handling that really conveys road feel without being too harsh. The power is invigorating and makes the car fun to drive in manual form. If driven normaly, gas mileage is good for engine type and car weight. Features leave me wanting for nothing.

2002 Elantra GT Hatchback
By smille0131 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A thouroughly enjoyable driving experience for under $20,000. This vehicle is a refreshing example of what a manufacturer can offer if they choose to do so.