From a practical enthusiast...
By tman27 on
2013 Hyundai Azera 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)
I have no desire to race my car from stoplight to stoplight. I have no desire to zip thru canyons as fast as possible. I DO like to have ample power for typical driving situations (highway passing, merging, etc.). I DO appreciate a car that handles well. This car delivers on all fronts. Typically, I drive the speed limit +5mph in the city, and +8 to 10mph on the highway. Driving I-10 to LA westbound (against the wind) at an average of 80mph I observe 25 to 27mpg. Eastbound (with the wind) I see 29 to 30. Practical mileage with ample power, luxury, and incredible sound system to boot. Love this car. Side note: big guy 6'2", long legs, 250lbs and completely comfortable for long trips.
Favorite Features
Cooled seats, comfort, power, handling, sound system. Economy is a bonus for me. Panoramic roof was not a personal requirement, but I find myself using it all the time... it is really nice and I can't imagine buying a car with a smaller "old school" sunroof from now on. I like that the sunroof exterior is easy to keep clean with a good glass cleaner and I think it makes the car look much more expensive. My hope is that long-term, the sunroof will "wear" better than paint for cars exposed in the Arizona sun.
Suggested Improvements
Voice recognition and navigation system software seem to kinda suck. While the voice recognition itself seems to recognize my voice fine... it is verbose with pauses: Me: "Call name" Car: "blah blah blah, something " Me: "" Car: "Do you want to call ?" Me: "Yes" OMG... Siri is so much smarter and I can call someone with one verbal statement. I find myself using Siri on my iPhone to initiate calls. Fortunately, the Hyundai Bluetooth system picks up the call once the phone starts dialing. Their voice navigation system DESPERATELY needs a "Search by POI Name" function. I can only voice search by "Nearest POI" or "Address."