2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Radio/Time Display Screen
By wubaja on 02/06/12 18:13 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I really like my Accent. It is fun to drive and quite comfortable. But . . . the radio display LCD is terrible! There is very little contrast in the display of dark gray and light gray, and there is no brightness control. This may be petty, but I'd like to be able to see the clock (hidden in the upper right corner), rather than the radio station that I've been tuned to for the last two hours. Does anyone else have a problem with the display screen?

So close, but a few suggestions
By rb7385899 on 01/30/12 09:06 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Have an 09 Elantra Touring already, & bought a '12 Accent Hatch SE. I'm blown away by the mileage. Over 35 mixed use; easy to get well over 40 Hwy. The accent is quieter & more refined than the (more expensive) Elantra Touring, w/comparable passenger room, but the cargo space is tighter, & a higher liftover. I'm disturbed by the lack of spare tire; Dealer has promised to alert me when the "donut kits" arrive. Also there is no ext temp display. How much did they save by leaving THAT out, LOL? Paid sticker, plus dealer installed mudflaps & iPod cable. Elecrolyte Green. Other than that I'm completely satisfied. Paid $18,020 including delivery,

Awesome company provided car
By mboughman on 01/17/12 19:19 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This car was bought as a company car by the company for me. MPG were a huge reason for the purchase and I am observing about 32 mpg (not the 42 Hyundai says you will get) however I do not drive with ECO on. Either way, this car is very comfortable for subcompact standards and is packed with features, again for subcompact standards. Personally I own a full size 07 GMC and 09 Maxima, so I know comfort. That considered, it drives very well and induces grins while driving. I recently took a trip from Raleigh NC to Balimore MD in this car and was very comfortable the entire way, keeping in mind that I am a 6'2" 290lb man. All in all, Hyundai hit the mark with this one.

No spare shocker!
By stevehouston on 01/04/12 09:03 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car but I was not "surprised" there was no spare tire, I was down-right pissed. I took a road trip over New Year's and when I was heading back home, discovered there wasn't a spare tire!! Who does this!! What idiot S. Korean engineer dreamed this one up? Scenario: Me and my wife and son hit road debris at night on the freeway which shreds the tire. I'm frantically looking up and down for the spare which doesn't exist. Bang, lights out. I guess Hyundai thinks a tire inflater will fix this. Wrong! This is inexcusable and is a safety hazard plain and simple. I'm notified the dealer, Hyundai and I think I'm going to contact a federal agency to complain.

Hyundai gone a long way.
By mpg_enthusiast on 12/12/11 14:33 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have a hybrid in disguise! Just picked up 6spd SE Accent yesterday. Already drove 241 miles and it is still not at half a tank yet. And I was not driving too conservatively. I was revving the engine hard at times taking off treating it like a sports car. Pretty impress so far with the standard features like bluetooth, ipod, decent sound speakers (need sub), satellite radio, etc. Was at 70mph and felt like I was going slow, so suspension is pretty good I have to say. I will update the review if I find anything undesirable, but for now..two thumbs up.

Disappointed repeat Hyundai customer
By stanmansell on 12/08/11 12:56 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd HYundai and first disappointment.I bought it for the MPG. Just getting 33 with ECO on hghwy 28 in city and dealer said it was because its cold? Dealer said 40mpg and some people getting47?? Most trips at 60deg. Tried to buy extra key only at dealer for $100 and not available yet? NO sparetire just a run flat can with cig liter pump, which should be fun in cold weather, CHEAP. Hood release right by knee and I have hit it many times on exiting, pain in A. AC control in fan button and hit many times by accident. Poor vision for rear window and better to remove head rests to improve. Other little stuff but out of characters.Test drive well before you buy.

Great Car for Me
By red_rider28 on 12/08/11 08:57 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had previously driven a 2005 Subaru Forester which was totaled in a collision. So when I was looking for a replacement I began to think about what I really needed. I commute around 50 miles per day to work, so fuel economy was very important. Secondly I am 6 feet tall, so I really need ample legroom when I drive. Most cars I end up hitting my knee on the center console, not with the Accent. I did not even have to move the seat all the way back. There is so much interior room in this small car. So far on the highway Iím getting 42 mpg, and with my commuting Iím still averaging 37 mpg! Not bad. I really love the pick up of this small engine, it feels very peppy.

Good stuff.
By kles on 11/03/11 19:58 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Accent SE about a month ago and have put 1000+ miles on it, and still love driving it! Other cars I test-drove first: --Honda Fit--Had better visibility and cargo space, with cool fold up/down seats; but no Bluetooth , more expensive, and virtually unavailable for months) --Ford Fiesta was nice looking and cheap, with great Bluetooth for wireless phone and music. But a miniscule back seat and cargo area--doubt it would have fit the carseat with my 4 yr old actually in it, let alone a full-sized person. Also, poor visibility--felt like I had to crane my neck to see out left driver's front window & right rear window. Poor visibility out back d/t small window & huge headrests.

Solid car for this college kid
By ben_u on 10/12/11 22:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Very nice little car. I was looking for something with great gas mileage to replace my Jeep, and I found it. Performance is great for a V4. Doesn't feel like a toy. Plenty of power for accelerating/passing when you need it. Looks nice on the inside and out. Quiet ride on the highway. The stereo isn't great to my ears, but it'll do for most people. Feels solidly built. Plastics don't feel cheap. I gave reliability a neutral rating because I've only had the car for a week and a half, but I've yet to experience any problems.

Love it . . . but
By wubaja on 10/11/11 17:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven my 2012 Accent for more than 4,000 miles and it is still fun to drive. There is one feature, however, that is problematic an annoying: The LCD display has virtually no contrast, i.e. it is medium blue on light blue. I find it difficult to read under any lighting conditions and brightness cannot be controlled. At night, it glows like a spot-light. During the day, it's just fuzzy. And no, I do NOT have any vision issues. I hope that Hyundai fixes this because the Accent is otherwise a good value (so far).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback in VA is:

$139 per month*