Used 2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Think twice
By Jordan Bocanegra

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I was so excited when I purchased my 2012 Hyundai Accent (from a private seller with 53k miles) it is my first car and I found it very stylish. It doesn't have much to offer on the inside, no cruise control no Bluetooth but I loved it... For about a month. The car is so low to the floor that simply tapping the parking barrier when parking can damage the undercarriage. Something I didn't know until my check engine light came on and I brought it to the dealer. Turns out my av compressor got pushed back into the radiatior, and long story short it cost me 2600 dollars in repairs. One month after buying it. Another thing is when you're driving the car it won't go past 45/50 mph until it goes over 2k rpm and that's an annoying trait in a car especially if you highway drive. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have purchased this car. It's not the worst in the world, but definitely not the best.

I love my car
By jg523

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Accent for a little over three years now, and I've gone over 80,000 miles in her. She has not given me ONE problem with the engine. Even when I haven't taken her in for regular service in WAY too long or have been driving her long distances with a lot of weight, she is entirely reliable. Now, she's had trouble with other people hitting her, but even those repairs have been perfect and she's back up and running in no time and with no after effects. She also gets great gas mileage; on one 8-hour interstate driving trip recently I filled up before leaving and then only once more when I got close to my destination. My husband is 6'4" and even he fits comfortably in the car.

Maneuverability, reliability, speed

No spare tire, which is annoying. That should be included (or at least made evident on purchase, so that I had the option to buy one then; fortunately I learned it was missing and have yet to need one, though the day is coming). The door handles on my vehicle are white plastic that was painted black, and the paint is wearing off. Better design there would be preferable. Front bumper too low. I'm constantly dragging the underside of the front bumper on curbs and parking guards, and it makes the whole bumper pop out of place. My dealership had to drill my bumper back into place to make it stay put.

It's ok for a city car
By tejo1

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

It's been one year and half driving this car and 24000 km on it. I love the exterior and interior design. However I would expect more when driving it. This car makes an awful noise
when accelerating from stop. It feels the engine is working very hard to move the car, and I totally gave up using the Eco driving because it makes the car even worse during shift transitions. I first bought thinking I could save a lot on gas, because of the 1.6L. But when I drove a Mazda 3 with Skyactive, I was able to do about the same fuel mileage as mine. Also the brakes of this car felt too weak when I had 5 passengers on it, and only 2 of them were a little above average. Had no mechanical issues so far.

Design Reliable

Fuel Consumption Better Brakes Better Torque/horse power

Solid, Reliable, Excellent Drive
By canada_bc

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Accent after 11mo./23000km of use as a rental, during which time it had no accidents or service issues.
After my 6mo./12000km it continues to perform without issue. Excellent fuel economy - I achieve or beat the ORIGINAL consumption rating regularly on the highway, though the city rating is a bit optimistic.
Smooth ride, perfectly comfortable for long highway trips (I have many). The air conditioning/heating system takes a bit too long to warm up, but that's minor; also my windshield fogs up a bit too easily, but easily managed.
Not top-end materials inside, but no problems with them. but Overall I am very happy with almost all aspects of the car and would fully recommend it.

- Eco mode is great to assist in fuel consumption management - Canadian version includes a spare tire :) - Trip computer, including distance to empty, 2 trip odometers, avg. consumption, and others - Large trunk space - Good rear seat room for this class - Well equipped all round(including entertainment, comfort, safety) for the price - I love the exterior design

- The iPod interface is mediocre. It will play your songs, no audio quality issues, but often changes your playlist order, reverts to sort by title/artist, etc. - Door armrest padding would be nice. It's could be worse, but not very good. - A cup holder or two in the back seat wouldn't go amiss - Better use of space to create more storage compartments in the front seat area. Toyota is very good at this.

do not waste your money
By katybillie

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

although the car is great at first everything starts to go with in the first year. I got my accent right of the truck my problems started before I had even had my car for a year, I had gotten oil changes tire rotations and alignments every 3,000 miles first my front left tire went followed by my back right and now my front right. The car doesnt shift until 6,000 RPMs and is not fun to drive at all. I have been trying to find somewhere to trade this car in at but no one will even take it. Never again will I own a Hyundai I didnt want one to begin with

better tires and windsheild wipers. the overall design is terrible aside from the exterior