2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
It's ok for a city car
By tejo1 on 04/10/13 12:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

It's been one year and half driving this car and 24000 km on it. I love the exterior and interior design. However I would expect more when driving it. This car makes an awful noise when accelerating from stop. It feels the engine is working very hard to move the car, and I totally gave up using the Eco driving because it makes the car even worse during shift transitions. I first bought thinking I could save a lot on gas, because of the 1.6L. But when I drove a Mazda 3 with Skyactive, I was able to do about the same fuel mileage as mine. Also the brakes of this car felt too weak when I had 5 passengers on it, and only 2 of them were a little above average. Had no mechanical issues so far.

Solid, Reliable, Excellent Drive
By canada_bc on 12/24/12 14:45 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Accent after 11mo./23000km of use as a rental, during which time it had no accidents or service issues. After my 6mo./12000km it continues to perform without issue. Excellent fuel economy - I achieve or beat the ORIGINAL consumption rating regularly on the highway, though the city rating is a bit optimistic. Smooth ride, perfectly comfortable for long highway trips (I have many). The air conditioning/heating system takes a bit too long to warm up, but that's minor; also my windshield fogs up a bit too easily, but easily managed. Not top-end materials inside, but no problems with them. but Overall I am very happy with almost all aspects of the car and would fully recommend it.

do not waste your money
By katybillie on 08/16/12 14:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

although the car is great at first everything starts to go with in the first year. I got my accent right of the truck my problems started before I had even had my car for a year, I had gotten oil changes tire rotations and alignments every 3,000 miles first my front left tire went followed by my back right and now my front right. The car doesnt shift until 6,000 RPMs and is not fun to drive at all. I have been trying to find somewhere to trade this car in at but no one will even take it. Never again will I own a Hyundai I didnt want one to begin with

No spare tire - get used to it
By fl_lead_foot on 08/07/12 18:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

No spare tire in new cars is the current trend. In 2012 about 25% of all new cars sold did NOT have spare tires. It is a way for manufacturers to save mo0ney AND weight, to increase MPG and improve CAFE.

No Spare Tire, Give me a break.
By gilb on 06/15/12 16:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

After we got a flat about 100 miles from home, late at night, I discovered that the car didn't come with a spare tire or donut. Spent a fun filled night at a motel dive waiting for the tire store to open the next morning. I'd like to know who the genius is at Hyundai that made the decision that a spare tire shouldn't be a standard item in their vehicles. This should be illegal. At least I now know what type of car I won't be buying next time.

I'd put Accent at the top of the list
By king_james on 04/30/12 08:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I am not sure why Accent was ranked lower than mazda, kia or ford... I'd like to put Accent at number 2 with Elantra being number 1 on the list (only because Elantra is a larger and more stylish model than Accent)... The Accent is a greater car than the mazda 2, ford fiesta, kia soul/forte or toyota yaris... Considering the performance and reliability (I got a 10-year/100,000 miles bumper to bumper on mine for a fraction of cost compared to other cars' base prices) it is the best option for quality/gas mileage/options... Just because ford provides two extra buttons on the steering wheel does not make it a better car... I'd buy a Hyundai over any brand on that list any given day...

6 months in my 2012 GLS
By on 04/26/12 19:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I traded a 2007 Azera for this car. The Azera convinced me that Hyndai knew how to build really good cars; the Accet is the best little car I've ever driven. It is sharp- good-looking, economical, safe, and fun to drive. I get 32-35 mpg driving to work; I have gotten as much as 43 on a trip. The seats are very comfortable. The steering is a bit loose, ad it is not a sports sedan, but it handles well. I'm amazed at how this little motor does at highway speeds. It can cruise at 85. The short wheelbase makes the bumps quite noticeable, but it is unexpectedly quiet.

Excellent.
By accent12 on 04/08/12 00:17 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car. The quality, value, performance, styling and efficiency are first rate for the class. It doesn't even hydroplane. It took a while to break it in to get the best fuel efficiency - 3,000 miles. It averages anywhere from 35-45 m.p.g. The shiftronic is fun to use. The highest m.p.g. is attainable @ 60 m.p.h. on a highway with the cruise control on. It will get 40 m.p.g., by slowly getting up to speed. I won't even post the highest numbers because it will make the Prius and competitors look bad. Leave eco-mode on if you want the highest efficiency. Driving it the fastest I couldn't get less than 28 m.p.g. This is the best car I've ever owned. I recommend it over Fords I've owned.

Bought for warranty
By redsedan on 04/03/12 18:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car for the warranty. I had good luck with my last Accent (2003) and hope to have as good luck with this one. However, I much prefer my 2003 Accent over the 2012 one.

My first foreign car
By skydog1964 on 03/10/12 08:06 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

The professional review I read stated that the car was sedate for driving. well don't be put off by that because it couldn't be further from the truth. I am 47 yrs old and have owned a lot of cars. This car is the total package for someone looking to save money on gasoline without sacrificing power, looks, comfort, and driveability. To be clear I have the 2012 accent gls sedan, not the hatchback. I test drove the fiesta first and lemme tell you, it doesn't touch this car in the performance department.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan in VA is:

$153 per month*