Used 2009 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Great Vehicle
By eric1949

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot has a smooth and quiet ride which was a bit of a surprise. Handling and braking are great. Although you won't win any drag races with the Pilot, the acceleration is more than adequate.

I actually enjoy the stereo system with its display. It is not that difficult to master the audio controls.

Gas mileage could be upped a tick; but this is a rather large and spacious vehicle.

Satisfied!
By JE Reid

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first SUV and I am so impressed with the way my Pilot drives. I am having fun and love it. All my family are proud and happy for me and my friends are complimentary. Was not sure I would like SUV but am very satisfied.

Plush interior, great looking exterior, back-up camera is great. Love all the cup holders and generous storage space.

Have not had this vehicle long enough to experience any turn-offs that would result in suggestions for improvements.

Glad I decided to buy it. It's awesome.
By bpdrumr

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I "traded up" to the 09 Honda Pilot Touring after driving a Honda CRV for 18 months. I had no complaints about my CRV other than I wanted that "luxury" feel and needed more room. I drove many vehicles in my search and decided on the Pilot because it drove the best and gave me exactly what I wanted for a lot less than the Acura MDX and I liked the interior better than the Highlander. The pilot is a dream to drive and although it won't win any races, it has plenty of power. Love at first drive for me. :) My gas mileage is in line with what others seem to be getting. In mixed driving, around 18 mpg.

Love the "tech" features. Nav/memory seats/sound system/dvd surround. The integrated Ipod is a nice feature. You can control your Ipod via the nav screen. The only downside is, if you have a lot of music, it takes a LONG time to navigate thru the list.

I do agree the glove box is very small. On the touring model, there is a little known storage area under the front passenger seat. Great place to store things you might normally put in a glove box. I keep my owners manual in there. I'm also not a big fan of run flat tires but those can be changed.

Holy monkey!!
By Spectre357

For something with the aerodynamics of an apartment building, this thing is a nice ride. It's exceptionally quiet, even over marginal pavement or at higher speeds. Seats are extremely comfortable even after several hours of driving. Interior is very roomy - even the 3rd row. I had a 6-foot co-worker back there, and with the 2nd row shifted forward slightly, he said it was comfortable enough for a cross-town jaunt. Engine has a enough grunt to cruise very nicely at 90MPH. Ride is smooth with minimal body roll on turns. The build and design are typical Honda - everything's well laid out (overall), and controls and surfaces have a good tactile feel - some minor styling quibbles (IMHO.)

1. Ultra quiet ride - you can clearly hear two people in the third row having a conversation while doing 85 on the freeway. 2. USB port for audio ROCKS!! I have a 120GB SSD with ~800 CD's plugged into it. 3. A/C can cool a small house, and quickly at that. Good to have here in SoCal.

1. Get rid of the circa 1980, K-car pseudo-frosted glass trim on the console center stack. 2. Put another 115V receptacle in the cargo area. 3. Give us HD radio - it's 2009 for crying out loud, it's time. 4. Glove box will hold a PB&J sandwich and that's about it. 5. Audio system has harsh treble.

2nd Pilot - Worth the Wait!
By Valerie

This is the 2nd Honda Pilot that I have owned. Previously, I had the 2005 Honda Pilot under a lease program. I ordered my 2009 Honda Pilot in Feb 2008. It arrived in June 2008. It was worth the wait. I purchased this one, it was better than leasing it. I have been a Honda fan since 1994. This truck has everything I wanted in a truck and more. Look no further!

Bluetooth handsfree while driving, automatice seat adjustment, rear-view camera, remote start

I had a remote start installed when it arrived. You have to use the key in the door in order to unlock and get in the vehicle. In my other pilot, you were able to unlock while the vehicle was still running. Need to work on the remote start with the 09 Honda Pilot, add as feature, & add running boards.

• SUV