Used 2007 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

The Best (and only) Car I've Ever Owned
By teendriver.....aaah!

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Since everyone else has been raving about this car, i decided to check it out. The space and functionality were nice, but it was the suspension that really set it apart. Before this I had driven a Yaris and a Versa, and they both handled like a 90's SUV (the Yaris in particular felt like the Bronco II). I was therefore pleasantly surprised that this car's steering wheel was actually hooked up to something. This thing can corner like no one's buisness. Its fun to drive factor is off the chart, and i got it fully loaded for under 16 k. In typical honda fasion, it beats just about everything on the road, but just isn't racy enough to inspire anyone.

Suspension. Beautiful, Amazing Suspension. Cargo Room. Dashboard, which is totally cool and modern (all my friends are jealous). Body panels that are seemingly dent resistant (believe me, i know).

The rear hatch door is ridiculously thin, seems like it wouldn't hold up over time. Styling is . . . . meh. OH, and looks terrible in orange, can't stress this point enough, it looks like you're driving a rotten mango.

Needs some improvement
By cowtowner

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

After driving this vehicle for almost a year, as of this review - 2-21-07, I have a few minor complaints. 1. The display for the radio unit does not show very well on a bright day. This appears to be a non-standard size unit. I would replace it if I could buy a off the shelf unit and just plug it in without a custom adapter kit. Honda needs to change this design. 2. The top of the windshield needs to be better tinted or make the windshield smaller. Both the driver and the passenger have to use the sun shade to keep out excessive sun light even when not driving into the sun. 3. The head lights seems to be aimed too low.

Access via the hatch to carry large cargo

The radio display and the windshield area

Great Car
By Tomwaits

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I drive ~90% city driving and just hit 31 mpg w/ 3000 miles on the odometer. Still no highway data, but mpg is still improving. Keeping the speed under 70 makes a huge difference in mpg. Great shifting w/ paddles and terrific handling. Interior design is excellent and w/ magic seats, I fit my 6'11" surfboard inside. Lack of dead pedal and center armrest was solved by buying after market from Zeta Products. Added Clear Bra and tinting to prevent chips and help the weak A/C. Relatively poor driving position and Honda needs to add telescoping steering column. Great car for the money and while inexpensive, the Honda Fit is in no way cheap. As basic transportation, it's a good buy.

Magic Seats, MPG ($$ difference between Fit and Prius buys a lot of gas), stereo, paddle shifters and standard f/r side curtain airbags. Great quality built into such an inexpensive vehicle. Fantastic handling w/ very little body roll, great steering and very good brakes. Better than the rest.

Telescoping steering column to help correct the poor driving position. I'm 6'2" and the pedals are too close and the wheel too far away. Purchased a knee pad from Zeta to bolster the center console and that helped a lot. Arm rest is not a big deal to me though again Zeta had one that screws in.

It FITs us.
By Richard Nyce

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We are enjoying this car very much. It handles very well and is taking the snow in stride. My wife is thrilled with the room inside. She is a home health and hospice nurse. The car is her office during the week. We use it whenever we travel. I am glad it is one of the "greenest" gasoline powered vehicles available. We researched for months and are very pleased with our choice.

I like the handling and performance. My wife likes the roominess and gas mileage.

Seat could be more comfortable, but otherwise it's great.

Love my Fit
By fiddlefit

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Fit really meets my needs and has been more fun to drive than I expected. It handles like a sports car, has unexpected power high in the rev range (for its weight), and gets good enough gas mileage (avg 36mpg overall) to make the 10gal tank livable. The configurable interior space is amazing and has meant I can carry all kinds of gear I didn't necessarily expect to be able to travel with.

Handling, appearance, gas mileage and carrying capacity.

Better stereo (especially iPod adapter), dead pedal, performance steering wheel.