2000 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
New Owner of Used CRV
By New2hondas on 01/19/06 18:23 PM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Recently bought a used EX in great condition and 68k miles. Runs like a champ and very easy to drive. The quality is so top rate - and maybe the previous owner took good care of the car - that it scarcely feels used. Now I know when people say that Honda builds good vehicles.

not for me
By meg on 11/07/05 14:20 PM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

We found the seats to be very uncomfortable. None of the cupholders in front are usable, can't even make small turns without everything falling over and spilling. You can't set somethng on the floor and expect it to stay they, things slide everywhere. We do like the folding table and the cd changer under driver seat. Gas mileage is good.

My Best Vehicle Yet!
By Jorene Slowinsk on 09/20/05 17:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

My Honda CR-V works for me. I do a lot of yard sales and often need to transport large items. The back seats are so easy to fold down, that I don't hesitate to make the adjustment at a whims notice. My family was here on vacation this summer. They drove up in a full size mini-van. With the way gas prices were increasing daily, we opted to use my CR-V. My son and his family will be in need of a replacement vehicle very soon and I'm planning on giving them my 2000 CR-V and purchasing a new one for myself.

Five years later and I'm still in love
By crvbee on 06/24/05 00:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I now have 108,000 miles on my 2000 CR- V (manual transmission) and just had the first non-maintenance repair work done today. The right rear trailing arm needed to be replaced. To say that I have been thrilled with my purchase, is a bit of an understatement. It's been reliable, versatile, comfortable and fun to own. It's surprisingly roomy and can fit just about any cargo you'd care to move on a typical Saturday. It cleans up well for a nice night on the town, but isn't too prissy to get dirty should the occasion arise. I hope to have 3 - 4 more years with this one, and won't have to look far for my next car. My local Honda dealer (where ever that may be) can expect me in 2008 or 2009

uncomfortable
By meg on 06/13/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

Gas mileage is excellent. Interior awkward and uncomfortable. Everything is too high. Cannot turn the smallest corners without everything sliding all over. Cups fall out of cup holders everytime you make a turn.

Dependable, Fun SUV
By Chuck on 04/07/05 06:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Purchased new May of 2000 to replace a 1987 Civic w/235,000 miles. It's been dependable and fun to drive. Will give it to my 17 yr old son next year and get a Honda Ridgeline.

Amazing Surprise
By Robert Daniel on 02/20/05 22:52 PM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

My wife suggested this vehicle. We were wanting to 'downsize' from our GMC Yukon that was costing $300 per mo for fuel and was hard for her to park. The CRV amazingly enough is comfortable for my 6'3" frame, my wife is tall as well and can stretch her legs completely out in the passenger seat, and it has plenty of room for our two kids too! Wow, what a difference, cheaper insurance costs, easy to park, plenty of room for groceries, garden supplies, books, backpacks and general every day utility. It handles well and the difference in quality between our CRV and the Yukon is like night and day. My only concern is the missing armrest on the drivers side... what's that about?

Dissapointed
By J Papadatos on 01/29/05 08:36 AM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

For years I heard about how great Honda cars were. I bought this one and said never again. It's got no power. I've had loads of trouble with it from day one. It eats brakes, always needs something adjusted or replaced. The drivers window has cost me over $300 so far and still isn't 100%. Overall a very poor quality product in my opinion. The dealers I have dealt with are arogant and unhelpful at best. You won't see me in a Honda after I get rid of this one.

Honda Employee Buys A CR-V
By Kim on 12/18/04 09:20 AM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I worked for a Honda dealership for several years and this was by far the employee choice of car. When buying a gen 1 CR-V, installing the passenger side armrest is a MUST. For $50, why wouldn't you want your passengers comfy?!? I can load anything into my CR-V from furniture to a christmas tree and I can even haul a small U-Haul with it. Unload everything, flip the seats up and you can parallel park it anywhere. With today's gas prices it is a great choice and my favorite Honda.

best car ever owned
By e feiling on 12/06/04 13:20 PM (PST)

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

replaced driver side elect.window motor, replaced fluid in awd unit, replaced front rotors ( my fault) too much road noise, great car in snow and ice except when making turns even at slow speeds.