2006 Honda Civic 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fantastic redesign

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Fantastic redesign
By mbailey on

2006 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 8th generation of Civic is fabulous. My LX Sedan feels like it's worth thousands more than I paid for it. Perhaps it's due to the size increase or the quality of the interior materials Honda used, but I feel like I'm driving an Accord. The acceleration is steady and smooth and of course a bit quicker than the 7th generation due to the increased power from the new 1.8 i-VTEC. It feels like it has a bit more torque than a Honda engine should as well. Safety features were a big deciding factor in my purchase decision, this year all Civics come standard with side and curtin airbags and ABS. Not many economy sedans offer this in this price range. A bargain Honda? Maybe the first!

Favorite Features

Interior storage, 'HUD'-like speedometer, safety features, smooth manual transmission, stock stereo sounds great compared to other cars in it's class, exterior styling is eye- catching... I can't help but look back as I walk away. Seats are fabulous and very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Clutch engagement feels odd at times, maybe because it's new. AM radio sound could use improvement No floor mat anchors on my LX Sedan Interior *may* prove hard to keep as clean as I like it.