2006 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
3000 mile update
By walter on 05/03/06 10:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After 3000 miles I am still amazed at the value this car represents. One online reviewer used the word “engaging”, and I can’t think of a better one. If you enjoy being totally engaged in the act of driving, you must have this car. It is quick, it handles very well, it has everything you could want as standard equipment, and even driving with right foot firmly planted on the accelerator we are getting 27 mpg in daily driving and 31 mpg on long trips. We have had only one warranty issue with the car; the dealer installed the 8 disc CD changer incorrectly. It was fixed in 15 minutes when we took it in to have it repaired.

Sporty car for a great price!
By Matt on 04/27/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car in January after putting 255K miles on a previous civic. The styling on this car is great, as is the stereo system, but what really makes this car stand out - and is likely to generate some extra income for the state police - is its insatiable desire to go fast. It nearly begs to be driven faster through a tight turn, and as you hit 6500 rpm it will nearly give you whiplash and you'll have to already be thinking about shifting into the next higher gear to make it before it redlines at 8000 rpm. It's a great car!

Great Car
By Thorpe on 04/24/06 17:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What a great car. Plenty of pickup - super gas mileage. I have 1700 miles and have averaged 49.5 so far. I am really happy with my choice. I have had a lot of cars including mercedes, jaguar, porsche, volvo, bmw etc. I feel really good about driving this as it is the best car for our environment. Feels great to do good!

The economical pocket rocket
By Jakeo on 04/12/06 18:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The value and performance of the Si are 2nd to none. Handing is perhaps best of any front-wheel drive car due to perfectly-tuned suspension and limited-slip differential. I get 34 MPG highway with 200 hp! Of course, this drops if you drive in the 6K-8K RPM VTEC mode, but I still get 28-30 MPG in mixed driving. Seats are nice, with good side bolstering for cornering, and comes with 8 airbags, a killer 350 watt, 7 speaker system with a sub. I cross shopped the VW GTI, but I know that car will lose its value must faster than a Honda and everything will go wrong.

beautiful full controlling style car #1
By Chris on 03/29/06 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Hits corners better than the older 88- 91 civic and looks better than any car on the road right noW!

Worth the wait.
By Jason S. on 03/23/06 11:09 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I put my deposit down in the beginning of December and just now (March) got my Honda Civic. This vehicle was well worth the wait. Very responsive, fun to drive, and the quality of the car are just a few things to say about it. Way to go Honda!!

New Honda Civic Si
By Joe on 03/21/06 14:14 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

A lot of fun to drive - she moves quick in traffic.

2006 CIVIC SI
By scubalvr on 03/21/06 12:43 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned many cars, but I can't remember any of them being this much fun to drive. I would recommend this car to anyone that actually likes/loves to drive.

The perfect car
By walter on 03/13/06 07:59 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you like to drive, this is the car for you. Amazing handling, a list of standard features as long as your arm combined with good gas mileage and Honda reliablity. And oh yah, if you keep the rev's up it goes like a bat out of hell. I simply cannot believe the value this car represents. We bought one sight unseen, convinced by the reviews we were reading online that it would be a fun car to own, but nervous about it's looks. Turns out the car looks way better in person than in photos. We got the front, rear, and side spoiler package. Looks very cool. Even if you think it's the ugliest car on the planet, I suggest you take it for a test drive. (If you can find one to drive.) Zooooom

Shes a keeper
By A'z civicSi on 03/04/06 06:47 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just love it, Honda worked up a real Si this time. Get in the gas and just when you think the power is dropping off the backside of the RPM curve the iVTEC opens up and the real fun begins. I sometime forget the car has a 350watt sound system because I love to hear the “little motor that could” wake up at 6grand and let you know it’s the “little motor that will”. I have had a lot of front wheel drive cars and none of them come close to what this car will do, turn the wheel tight and hit the gas NO wheel spin just some G’s and “bang” your off in a new direction. It truly is the baddest car you can get for the money. Plus it’s a Honda.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.