Used 2006 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

SI - Surgical Instrument?
By John

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After having my Civic Si for 7 months, I have to say I am in love with this car. (Shallow, I know) Now I wouldn’t call myself an overly aggressive driver, but we’ll just say that I’m not afraid to under steer or over steer a vehicle, with all the tire noise and panicked passenger(s) to boot. I like to power out of corners, or put another way; brake hard, throw in, and punch out. This car excels at this. The helical limited slip puts the power where it’s needed and without a lot a lot of fuss. Strait line weapon? Not sure. But chase it up through five (of six) gears on a Saturday night and the local judge may need to be roused from of bed if you want to go home before Sunday's sunrise.

iV-TEC, 6-speed, LSD. The sound system is rather nice, too. The controls are laid out well. The wide power band (Hmmm…do I want to use third, fourth, or fifth to round this corner?)

HID lighting. And reduce or eliminate the throttle delay after you take your foot off the gas. (Honda techs suggest that this is for improved performance. I say "learn to shift!") Lastly, I have yet to reach the magical 32 mpg. 31 is my best, and I was very, very careful...

Grat car
By Toby

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is an eye catcher. Every body I know wants my car. Honda really hit the nail on the head with this car.

It's so hard to choose, really I think every thing is my favorite.

I would like to see a 4 door version of the Si go on sale.

Best Bang for Your Buck.
By FijiBlueSi

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Prior to this, I would've never considered owning any foreign car... Performance: This car is zippy, even if you're not hitting VTEC. It rockets, very quickly, to 60, and blows most competition away. Comfort: The pseudo-suede seats are comfortable, but I wish they offered a leather option. There is no lumbar support, which I really miss, though the height adjustment is a nice touch. The middle hump in the backseat is slightly uncomfortable. Economy: Good on gas at average 23/32, but requires premium fuel only. Fun to Drive: The best part. Amazing handling (second only to RX-8, that I've driven), great road feel, smooth ride, tight, responsive steering. Amazing short throw shifter.

dual-tier dash w/ digital speedometer, steering wheel radio controls, sunroof, short throw, precise shifter, great handling. Solid interior with few gaps. Great sized steering wheel, which is leather wrapped, red backlighting, antenna is in backwindow, comfy seats.

Provide a leather option on the Si, make fog lights standard, fix the rattles that plague the interior, thicker paint (chips easily/thin), pseudo-suede material may wear/fuzz faster, don't cut corners on the paint under the hood or trunk panel, offer lumbar/power for seats.

Civic Si
By lakeside

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am so happy I bought this car. I have arround 12,000 miles and I still enjoy driving it whether it is 5 miles or a hundred miles. If you're looking for a great car for a great price this is the one.........

engine and looks

rear windshield wiper

bargin performance
By 1 nice si

2006 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is one performance bargin for the dollar. I got the car for 20,540 which was sticker. do not pay over sticker, these cars can be found for sticker. 197 hp from 2.0 liter engine, no turbo,no s/c, amazing.I have 8000 miles, no problems whatsoever. excellent build qualilty throughout.

engine, transmission,seats,dash,handling,stereo