Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Definitely a Repeat Buyer's Car
By Patrick

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is the third Honda Civic I've owned. With each body style, the car's design and comfort are improved upon. The handling and performance seem to be even better than prior incarnations of this car as well. The mileage is a major selling point as well.

Steering, redesigned dashboard.

A bit more room in the back seat area on the two door would make it so that adults can actually fit.

Best Car Yet
By JMD

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new Honda purchase and by far the best all around car that I have ever owned. When you combine the style, performance, economical fuel rating, reliability and low depreciation you would be hard pressed to find a better all around car out there in the compact/economy category. Hands down the best.

Style, fun to drive, gas miser, stereo. Also I see very few 5 speed manual coupes out there (mine was very hard to find).

Some minor improvements on the interior integrity/factory assembly and this would be a rock solid 10 across the board.

It's a Honda
By Scottie

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Honda Civic. It is a big switch from my 97' GMC Jimmy. I love being able to take turns and corners like they are nothing. A lot of critics have said that they don't like the two tiered dash, but I think it adds to the overall style of the interior. I think that this years civics are the best looking design that Honda has ever come up with. Power is as expected for an economy car, not great, but very competent. The car shifts nice and smooth. I do think the shifter could be in a little better spot closer to the driver, but I have long arms, so I can deal with it. Overall it is the best car that I have ever owned... and I have owned 10.

Style of interior and exterior, smoothness of shifts, the fact that it is a Honda.

I know these are the most powerful Hondas to date, but I still wouldn't mind a little more HP in the lower models. I would put the shifter a little closer to the driver and have a shorter shifter. (Note: All of my complaints are just small annoyances and I love my Civic.)

Very Pleased!!!!!
By DBingham

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive. It's one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned. I really like the dash layout. It's much easier to read than previous models. If your looking for a fuel- efficient, good looking car, this is the one for you.

Styling, Price, driving comfort

none

What Will Honda Think of Next?
By Robert G

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been researching this car and its reviews for quite some time (since early January). Boy was the wait well- worth it! This car is the best, by far, in the compact car class. I thoroughly enjoy driving it. In fact, I am on my way to grocer to pick it some milk. And when I come back, I am sure I'll need to run out for something else... you see, you have to drive this car to relate to what I'm saying.

I LOVE the audio system, the smaller than standard steering wheel (looks like something from an amusement park ride!), the precise handling... hell, I like everything about it!

You have to be fool to even suggest a mere improvement!