Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best Car Yet
By JMD

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new Honda purchase and by far the best all around car that I have ever owned. When you combine the style, performance, economical fuel rating, reliability and low depreciation you would be hard pressed to find a better all around car out there in the compact/economy category. Hands down the best.

Favorite Features

Style, fun to drive, gas miser, stereo. Also I see very few 5 speed manual coupes out there (mine was very hard to find).

Suggested Improvements

Some minor improvements on the interior integrity/factory assembly and this would be a rock solid 10 across the board.

It's a Honda
By Scottie

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Honda Civic. It is a big switch from my 97' GMC Jimmy. I love being able to take turns and corners like they are nothing. A lot of critics have said that they don't like the two tiered dash, but I think it adds to the overall style of the interior. I think that this years civics are the best looking design that Honda has ever come up with. Power is as expected for an economy car, not great, but very competent. The car shifts nice and smooth. I do think the shifter could be in a little better spot closer to the driver, but I have long arms, so I can deal with it. Overall it is the best car that I have ever owned... and I have owned 10.

Favorite Features

Style of interior and exterior, smoothness of shifts, the fact that it is a Honda.

Suggested Improvements

I know these are the most powerful Hondas to date, but I still wouldn't mind a little more HP in the lower models. I would put the shifter a little closer to the driver and have a shorter shifter. (Note: All of my complaints are just small annoyances and I love my Civic.)

Very Pleased!!!!!
By DBingham

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive. It's one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned. I really like the dash layout. It's much easier to read than previous models. If your looking for a fuel- efficient, good looking car, this is the one for you.

Favorite Features

Styling, Price, driving comfort

Suggested Improvements

none

What Will Honda Think of Next?
By Robert G

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been researching this car and its reviews for quite some time (since early January). Boy was the wait well- worth it! This car is the best, by far, in the compact car class. I thoroughly enjoy driving it. In fact, I am on my way to grocer to pick it some milk. And when I come back, I am sure I'll need to run out for something else... you see, you have to drive this car to relate to what I'm saying.

Favorite Features

I LOVE the audio system, the smaller than standard steering wheel (looks like something from an amusement park ride!), the precise handling... hell, I like everything about it!

Suggested Improvements

You have to be fool to even suggest a mere improvement!

Civil Civic
By tap

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a fuel efficient vehicle after my 99 Passat Wagon was stolen. I test drove the full line of Hyundais, Toyota Corolla and Matrix, Mazda 3 sedan and wagon, VW passat Wagon. Based on performance, fuel economy, styling and handling I chose the 2 door Honda Civic. It does not handle and is not as quick as my 99 1.8T Passat but it does get 10 more mpgs. I prefer a manual in a small engine vehicle as I find it to be quicker and more responsive. This was true of all the vehicles I test drove except the Hyundai Azera and V6 Sonata which are a different class of vehicle. Two negatives are the beeping that goes off once the seat belt is released and the clock is not visible with sun glasses.

Favorite Features

The Civic handles well reminds me of my 61 Porsche. The cockpit is cozy. My wife said it's like a spaceship. The 5 speed is quick and easy going from one gear to another. Cruise control is simple as well as all the other features-AC, radio, cd, wipers , lights etc.

Suggested Improvements

The clock and radio display needs to be visible when wearing sun glasses. Here in Phoenix, Az. sun glasses are a must during the day. No other suggestions