Used 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great car
By jonathan

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

First manual transmission I've ever driven. Easy to learn smooth clutch. Highly recommend for all users. Not the greatest pick up, but for a 4 cyl fuel efficient car, second to none.

Overall design.

Annoying beeping sound when seat belt is not fastened. I suppose just wear seatbelt even for a trip down the street and that would fix that problem.

Honda is slipping
By Jeff308M1

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car was bought brand new 2 months ago. Already had to have weather stripping fixed and now paint is cracking and coming off all over. Dealership claims it is environmental wear and tear and that Honda uses inferior paint and advised me to claim it on my car insurance. With a $1000 deductible and no proximate cause except a manufacturing defect, their suggestion does not sound like a good idea.

Interior layout is very good. Very roomy for a small car.

If this is widespread, Honda will have serious problems. Who can afford to have a car repainted after 2 months?

Definitely a Repeat Buyer's Car
By Patrick

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is the third Honda Civic I've owned. With each body style, the car's design and comfort are improved upon. The handling and performance seem to be even better than prior incarnations of this car as well. The mileage is a major selling point as well.

Steering, redesigned dashboard.

A bit more room in the back seat area on the two door would make it so that adults can actually fit.

Best Car Yet
By JMD

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new Honda purchase and by far the best all around car that I have ever owned. When you combine the style, performance, economical fuel rating, reliability and low depreciation you would be hard pressed to find a better all around car out there in the compact/economy category. Hands down the best.

Style, fun to drive, gas miser, stereo. Also I see very few 5 speed manual coupes out there (mine was very hard to find).

Some minor improvements on the interior integrity/factory assembly and this would be a rock solid 10 across the board.

It's a Honda
By Scottie

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Honda Civic. It is a big switch from my 97' GMC Jimmy. I love being able to take turns and corners like they are nothing. A lot of critics have said that they don't like the two tiered dash, but I think it adds to the overall style of the interior. I think that this years civics are the best looking design that Honda has ever come up with. Power is as expected for an economy car, not great, but very competent. The car shifts nice and smooth. I do think the shifter could be in a little better spot closer to the driver, but I have long arms, so I can deal with it. Overall it is the best car that I have ever owned... and I have owned 10.

Style of interior and exterior, smoothness of shifts, the fact that it is a Honda.

I know these are the most powerful Hondas to date, but I still wouldn't mind a little more HP in the lower models. I would put the shifter a little closer to the driver and have a shorter shifter. (Note: All of my complaints are just small annoyances and I love my Civic.)