2006 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
More than a civic
By Honda lover on 11/22/05 15:18 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is incredible. I've had a 99 prelude, and 04 rsx. This car is deserves more than the name of a civic, it's nothing like the past models. More power and comfort. The gas mileage is great. about 32 mpg. The only problem is that it is believed to be more difficult to mod. That's the problem when you purchase it in its early production stage

Civic Re-designed
By Bob on 11/22/05 11:44 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

In search for a reliable and sporty commuter car the new Civic came up on my list for consideration. Price and performance (40 mpg) were factors for a tie breaker, this is were the Civic coupe won us over. From the unique instrumentation layout to the ergonomics of driver position and controls it was evident that a conciderable amount of thought and design went into the Civic. To that end there are hundreds of sensors and electronics in this vehicle that can cause havoic. We have had a problem with the "check gas cap" since we drove the vehicle off the lot. Dealer's response was check the cap.... Fit, form and function... great!!

Go Go Coupe
By Eric on 11/22/05 10:35 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love to drive this thing. After 300 mile local driving to break it in, I took it on a roadtrip to San Antonio Tx (round trip 3200). I never got fatigued driving, comfort was a constant even though I am 6'1" tall. Wife (who will be promary driver) pressed for the auto-dimming rear view mirrors and I am glad she did, they made night driving much easier. Gas mileage was acceptable, but I never got the 40MPG on the highway--best I got driving 75-80 MPH was about 38MPG so I can't really complain. This is our road-trip car and the Toyota van will stay home. Now I gotta figure out how to get this car away from the wife. Oh anybody want to but our '99 Mercury Cougar?

2006 Honda Civic EX coupe
By Bryan on 11/21/05 16:33 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle for $19000 (incl dest charge), which seemed like a good price after getting quotes from all over central Texas. I really like the 140 hp engine, which is noticably more powerful than previous models, and it's supposed to get up to 40 mpg on the highway! I haven't calculated my true mpg yet. I also like the MP3 input and the 350 Watt stereo (sedan comes with 160 Watt). It handles well, and is fairly comfortable, but it's no luxury car. The only complaint I have is that it is difficult to see the front of the car with the steep windshield. I have to be cautious when hugging a curb on a turn or parking facing a wall so that I don't hit anything.

Hands Down A Winner!
By Susan on 11/19/05 10:56 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently traded a 2002 Civic EX Sedan for the 2006 2 DR Coupe. Although it's a change getting used to not having easy access to the back seats, I rarely think of that when driving the car. 500 miles so far and the performance is totally awesome! Fun to drive, engine responds beautifully, great interior design and comfort, great gas mileage in the automatic and Honda really had the consumer in mind when designing the car with side curtain airbags and the impact zones. Safety features rarely offered by other manufactures at the compact, low car cost equivalent to the CIVIC. That says a lot for Honda and their ongoing effort to take care of their customers. THANKS Honda! GREAT CAR!

Love this car!
By smy0514 on 11/16/05 08:50 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am very happy with my new '06 Honda Civic EX coupe! I traded in my '98 Civic DX for this car and am very pleased so far. It is fun to drive; handles very smooth and quiet. I was a little hesistant about Honda's changes to the civic when I first saw the pictures. But seeing it in person and driving it made up my mind this was the car I wanted. Honda also has a strong reputation for quality and long lasting, dependable cars. I liked my 98 Civic and decided I wanted to stay with a Honda for my next vehicle. In my opinion, the new dash design is ok and looks cool all lit up in the dark; but I would just as soon have a traditional speedometer instead of the digital.

WOW
By OZ on 11/15/05 23:02 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

5 speed stick is sure to satisfy. 40 miles a gallon on the highway, are you kidding me, you don't even need a hybrid car anymore. This is an ultra low emission vehicle (environment friendly too) my friend. 1800 cc engine SOHC hooked up to 16 valve. WOW and it has a timing chain not a belt. So if you regularly maintain this thing it wont need a tune up till it comes to 110,000 miles. EX comes with 350 watts of beautiful sound system with sub, 60/40 split seat, mp3 input jack, XM ready, abs with ebd (electronic brake distribution) 6 airbags all around man. Ladies and gentlemen, go see this thing. You will fall in love with it just like I did. 2 tier dash board. It is NICE. SAFETY POWER COMFORT.

New Honda Civic Owner
By bbeningh on 11/11/05 10:41 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely LOVE my new Civic! I have been on the market for a new car for a few months now and the consensus from friends, family, and co-workers has been that Honda's are the way to go. Going from a Nissan Sentra to a Honda Civic Coupe, I am overwhelmed by all of the great features that Honda has to offer, including their outstanding sales and service teams. I know that I made the right choice and that I will be a Honda driver for a long time to come.

I love this car!
By stratcat99 on 11/09/05 11:56 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The best part is the mileage. You just can't beat it. It has a sleeker feel than older civics that I have driven. Seats are very comfortable, and I fit well in it. I am 6' 5" so that was surprising. I love the look of the new dash. I got the manual trans, and I like the feel of the shifter. The car surprised me with the amount of power it had off the line, but the power noticably diminishes the faster you go. I am getting about 35 MPG, so I am very happy with that. I also like the Aux input for the stereo. The system sounds good, too. I highly recomend it.

Best Civic YET!
By Tina on 11/05/05 18:47 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is sleek and so fun to drive- It feels like much more than a civic with all of the accesories built in!Its peppy, quiet, easy to manuever and beautiful in and out-Its very stylish and comfy

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.