Used 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2003 Hybrid review
By fidlcat

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

. I commute about 70 miles daily - mostly on "country roads" averaging about 50 -55 mph with, with only 5-10 of these miles being "city" driving. I am very pleased with this car. I average approximately 50 mpg and have not had any mechanical problems. I enjoying seeing how far I enjoy trying to beat my last mpg and am hoping to get the 600 mile tank as some other owners have reported being able to do. Thus far, I can get about 500 - 550 per tank. In spite of a few issues I have listed in the "suggested improvements" section, I am extremely pleased with this car and would buy another.

Thegas mileage , the cruise controls on the steering wheel - so you can decelerate and not have to cancel the cruise and the auto-stop feature.

Seats provide very little by way of shock aborbtion and lumbar support. Arm rests should actually be high enough to use them. Would like front de-fog that works without AC. AC automatically goes on when I use the front defog - reducing my mpgs when it rains.

30000 miles in 9 months
By 30K already

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had it for just 9 months, over 30K miles, NO problems - FANTASTIC mileage - strongly recommend!

mileage

easier on the bumps

My best car yet...
By Piet

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having put 12,000 miles on my Honda Civic Hybrid CVT over the last 15 months, I can say I like it better than the 3 Audis and 4 Mercedes-Benz, bought new, that I had previously owned. (I traded in a late model M-B on the Civic.) Unfortunately, the Hybrid did not come with a moonroof, so I had a top-of-the-line ASC moonroof installed as part of the purchase order. (ASC is the supplier for the moonroofs that are installed at the Honda factories in Ohio.) This is one great car, as near to being environmentally sound as one could hope for at this stage of our technology.

Silent start, autostop, smooth CVT, superb steering and handling, lots of low-rpm torque, easy to park, gas mileage in the range of 48 to 55 mpg, lots of leg room and headroom for my 6'4" frame, very comfortable seating.

Offer the car with a moonroof; replace the glossy plate around the shift lever, which reflects sunlight into one's eyes, with a gray matt-finish plate; place a switch on the right front door for locking/unlocking all 4 doors; make the spoiler an option.

more fun than a gas pump
By jcpaciera

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

great mmileage, all instruments are in the right place cept for one. the gear shift can go into a low gear when you don't want it to and the site of the reading on shift lever is the only hard thing to find in the car. having no sound at stop lights is great. my oil plug came out while doing 55 mph and all went well.it shut down and wouldn't restart. i luv it.

mmileage, insturmentation, controls

gear shift. location of shift location needs to be relocated. i cannot find it. quiet this car down.

got it
By got it

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

honda did it again!great car needs very little improvement.antilock and rear disc brakes.GO GET IT

ANTILOCK;REAR DISC BRAKES! MORE COLORS EXTERIOR;INTERIOR!LEATHER OPTION! MAYBE THE OLD HATCHBACK SUV STYLE