2003 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Much Better Than Expected
By HybridLover on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Honda Civic Hybrid far exceeded my expectations. It's got a surprisingly smooth and quiet ride, excellent acceleration, and a different sort of "feel", -- hard to describe, you have to test drive it. It just doesn't feel like a small car, and sometimes doesn't feel like a car at all. For example, it NEVER shifts, or you can say it always shifts (the continuously variable trasmission), but you never feel anything.

Hybrid Owner
By JasonLev on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have about 2000 miles currently with lifetime MPG of approximately 42 Great car, luxury line for Honda Civic, just take a look at the EX and compare. Cost is an issue, but remember that there is currently a $2000 Federal tax rebate and the improved savings on fuel. Also, the state of Maryland does not charge sales tax on low emmisions/alternate fuel vehicles, so I saved about $1000 there as well. I recommend this vehicle to anyone, young or old, as an intelligent and responsible choice - just keep in mind it's not a sports car.

Great car
By TCH on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was thinking about buying a new Toyota Corolla when I saw an ad from a Los Angeles County area Honda dealer selling its Civic Hybrids for under dealer's invoice. I went there, test drove and bought it. It's all what the reviews say about it -- very confortable, quiet, peepy performance, good quality in fit and finish.

Honda
By jim smith on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

transmission blew up after the first week i had it. Absolutely the worst car I have ever owned. Truely a lemon.

Easy to be green
By Greg Reiter on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

The Civic hybrid is great. It runs just like an ordinary gasoline auto except it gets nearly 45 mpg around town. It is an easy way to help save the earth.

What more could a girl wnat?!
By Betsy Ray on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was all ready to test drive a Toyota Prius last December when an article at Edmunds.com alertted me to Honda's plan to make a hybrid Civic. With Civic reliability and safety and the fuel mileage and low emissions of the hybrid engine, this is THE PERFECT CAR (OK, all electric would be even better, but I regularly travel farther than current electrics will run on a single charge.)

Outstanding car
By John Harley on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had this vehicle for two weeks but I love it! It is so smooth driving it and you will not believe how quiet it is. I don't know about gas milage yet because it still has a half a tank of fuel. it is showing 270 miles. The auto transmission is great. You never feel any shifting like in a regular auto. great car

Honda Civic
By Randy Hogue on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The civic is just great. The features inside are excellent, and is compact, yet not too small for comfortability.

What a great car!
By MrWright on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Maybe I am still in the honeymoon phase, but I love this car! I can't say enough good things about my civic hybrid. The styling is very attractive, it is loaded with many standard features that would have been options in other cars, ie. all power windows, locks, cruise, power steering and brakes, a cd player, even floor mats! The MPG is phenominal. I average 47 MPG on my daily 90 mile commute to San Francisco (over the Altimont Pass!) Had my first oil change and found out that it costs more for hybrids--even at the dealership--because of "special oil" and a little extra labor time. It was only a few bucks more, which I save on gas anyway.

Hybrid - A Great Car
By emcclend on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car sales are slow, the buyer can make incredible deals. Edmunds TMV is the sticker price. I purchased this car for about $1700 less than sticker. I got price quotes from 4 dealers in the DFW area (there are @30 dealers in this area). After visiting each of the four dealerships, I sent an email out with the best offers to all 4. Within hours of the email, I got competitive responses from 3 of the dealers. The 4th dealer did not even try to compete and would only go as "low" as the sticker price. It has plenty of power and rides great on the interstate. I drive 50 miles one way to work and the car rides smoothly, and has great visibility.