Used 1999 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

excellent car
By Mark

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Honda is an amazing automobile. I will only buy Honda vehicles. I have owned and had American made cars and none outperformed Honda. I used to be a Nissan mechanic and always said a car is a car and as long as you give regular maintenance the car will perform like any other. I was wrong! After owning 10 american and foreign made cars and trucks and bought my 11th car (Honda Civic) I knew I had a great car. After driving almost seven years I can say besides normal wear and tear like brakes, oil change, coolant, timing belt, wiper blades, tires, etc... I have never had any other problems except for 02 sensor.

Honda Civic
By Billie

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Great Automobile - Fun to drive and minimal upkeep. Just check the tires and keep oil changed and engine checked.

Bought it new and still driving daily
By Mike

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

1999 Civic EX coupe. What a great little car. It is never in the shop except for regular oil changes. I had the timing belt, water pump, gaskets and other belts replaced at 100K miles as preventative. Now its ready for another 100K. If you're looking for a dependable vehicle, this is a good one.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats on long drives and 36 miles per gallon week after week

Suggested Improvements

Over time the power windows have become slow when closing

Just got it! and Love It!!!
By erik j. h.

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

I just purchased a used 99'Si with 37,000 miles on it. I have had it a week and i love everything about it already. It's an absolute blast to drive, slow or fast!!!

Favorite Features

DOHC V-tech, it gets up and goes! the fact that its a Honda. I owned a 97' civic a while back and loved that car, but it doesnt hold a candle to this pocket rocket!!

Suggested Improvements

Viper alarms should have been standard features along with abs brakes. Be careful where you park it, i was suppose to buy a 00' but 2 days before i was to pick it up it was stolen off the lot!!!

The Awesomeness
By Jen

1999 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

My car is amazing there is so much you can do with hondas thats part of what makes them fun I have never had a problem and it has 85000 miles on it

Favorite Features

It is so much fun to drive. I love how peppy it is. and it is really easy to drive

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!!!!