1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Love My Car
By MPJ on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Civic and, for the price, have found it one of the best cars I have ever owned. I've had to watch my speed at times on the highway, though, because it will easily cruise at 80 mph. It has always been reliable and economical, requiring only its routine scheduled maintenance and oil changes. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to have a fun drive, get good gas mileage, and not worry about breakdowns or high-cost maintenance.

Good, but not as good as everyone says
By gsemike on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This is my second Honda and it's good, but not as good as everyone says. It's extremely reliable and the build quality is excellent. I've never fixed it and the maintenance schedule is very easy on the wallet. Unfortunately, there are a few little things that irk me. The cup holders have no teeth so drinks can fall over in turns, the shifter is runnery, and when there is no memory on the seat. When you let someone into the back, the seat returns to a position that is 90 degrees to the floor.

excellent
By maxi on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I had a 1998 Pontiac sunfire, which I had problems with, and at eight months old I tried to get rid of it and Hawley Pontiac would not even look at it because I did not want another Pontiac vehicle. I walked accross the street and bought my Honda Civic, 1999, I have had it for three years and have not had one problem. I love it and would buy any Honda again--Maxi

Love this car!
By cbsayer on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car after owning an Acura and absoltely love it! Its been nothng but wonderful. It gets great gas mileage and has never given me a problem. I bring it in every 3000 miles for an oil change and take it once a year for a tune up. I would recommend to anyone who wants a reliable, fun to drive, and easy to maintain car!

groove
By groove on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

this honda civic is a great car and is great on gas mileage. I love driving this car. The V-Tec on this car is also very helpful for street racing

A great car for little people
By Jacqueline K on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This car is ideal for getting around town if you are a person who is five ten or shorter. I am a five foot four female and i have no problem feeling comfortable in my car but some of my male friends feel differently. there is little head and leg room for people who are tall.

A perfect 10!
By gingerg1218 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

My first new Honda Civic was in 1992 with the new body style. I'm on my fourth Civic - graduating to the EX. I have beaten every one of them up and they never fail me. I'm ready to buy #5 soon - probably the 2003. They hold their value no matter how long you've had your Honda. I've never lost money in the sales of my Civics. Highly Recommended to younger females because of reliability!!!

Perfect Compact Sedan
By INDIAN on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Excellent small size sedan, reliable, good styling, good mileage and on top of everything holds its value over the period of time.

Honda Civic LX Review
By Lamb on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

My experience with this vehicle has been great. Get excellent mpg av 34mpg. Fun to drive. Zippy. One qualifier however is that it takes time to accelerate to the zippy level..a few seconds but once you reach speed then great maneuverability. No major work done just normal maintenance..oil changes etc...

Low $ / High Return
By did on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

Three years old and it still gets looks from everybody. Great performance form only 1.6 liters. Rev it up to 6-7,000 rmp and let it rip. Get rid of the crappy Michelins, switch to performance tires. I have Toyo Proxes T1-S on her now, and what a difference. Change the brake pads as soon as you can, get EBC Green Stuff pads, you'll love them. This car gets 30+ mpg on the highway and 22+ when you decide to play. Reliable,Reliable,Reliable,Reliable. Bottom line.....Best Si Honda has made to date (although, the new Si HB is very, very nice).