2006 Honda Accord Value Package Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2006 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

Honda Number 10
By 10 Hondas

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

As you can see I've owned many Hondas over the years. I also don't put much stock in a review of a car after just 2 days of ownership! I've had this car for 10 months and it is absolutely great. Boring looks, but a sweet ride. The V6 has plenty of power for flat Ohio and the roads here are the biggest reason to ever complain about ride and handling, not the car itself. It's significantly bigger than a Civic (Honda # 9) and while I can live with the bland look, it'd be nice to get Civic-like gas mileage. On the other hand, I feel much more safe and secure in inclement weather driving the Accord. Room for 5 easily and quieter than the Civic too. This is really just about the perfect car.

Favorite Features

The satellite radio and 6 disk CD in-dash changer are cool. Heated mirrors are nice too. I really appreciate the daytime running lights (finally).

Suggested Improvements

The heated seats could have more settings instead of just 2 (how about 5 like VWs?) How about a little more exciting styling - like the new Altimas? The rear view of this car is excessively boring. Even the old Civics had a better back end! But these issues are trivial. This car really is great!

Nine month review
By 9hondas

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm sick of reading the reviews that say "had the car 2 days, best car EVER". I've had this one 9 months and it is a great car. I don't buy BMWs or Mercedes or Audis -- just Hondas, so I'm not going to complain how this car doesn't compare to them. You want a Honda, then this is the car to buy. The mileage is decent but not Civic-like, but then it's a V6 not a 4 cylinder. Leather is comfortable and seats heat well. AC is great and it handles perfectly well (at least at the sane speeds I drive) so I can't help you if you want to drive at 90 mph+. But if you're just an "Average Joe" and just want reliable, decent, fairly priced vehicles, safe for the family, then this is the one to get

Favorite Features

One touch UP window and XM radio. The special wheels on the EX 6 speed are nicer than the "standard" ones.

Suggested Improvements

This car is among the most boring looking out there. The color choices bore my 80 year old parents. How about some exciting design/colors for 08?

Fantastic car
By Lawrence

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have purchased this car a couple of weeks ago. Brakes are excellent, comfort is superb, and engine is the best ever. If I must find something not as good as its competitors, it is the styling, classic but not as sharp, and the lack of external temperature indicator.

Favorite Features

Engine, comfort, overall quality, resale value.

Suggested Improvements

Sharper styling and external temperature indicator standard on all trims.

Very good car
By AAC

2006 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchase a 2006 VP with M/T. Excellent car, comfortable but at the same time provides a sporty feel. Well designed interior with above average fit and finish. Best 4 cyl. engine in its class, revs without effort with good power delivery. Nice steering feel, just needs more on-center feel. After 14,000 miles only problem is a little bit of noise coming from the front passenger area, something is vibrating on bumpy roads. Trying to identify the source before taking it to the dealer. Do not like the maintenance reminder system, would prefer a table in the owner’s manual with miles and/or months at which the car should be service. Beware of dealer’s preventive maintenance.

Favorite Features

Best 4 cyl. engine in its class, buttery transmission, sporty feel, comfortable interior, excellent chassis

Suggested Improvements

Suspension should absorb better road irregularities. Better on-center feel for the steering. Better mileage. Need to reduce cabin interior noise (wind, road and interior noises coming from vibrating plastic or meatl parts).

Perfect...but
By Kaio

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned the car for 15 months and I love it. However, there are some things that are just poorly thought out. 1> Map lights - these are unusable. The moment my wife turns them on, I can barely see anything on the road. 2> Tires - Within a week of buying the car, the inner wall on one tire cracked. Dealer refused to fix (Herb Chambers). Went to Sears and got free replacement. For a family car like this, a 'V' speed rated $200 tire is an overkill.

Favorite Features

Everything else is superb. Acceleration, handling, lane-change, reliability (so far).

5-in-5
By Lex

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 7 Hondas, 5 Hondas in last 5 years; I certainly will buy an 07 if there is a design improvement and more horses. I get lots of compliments and stares. I enjoy honda cars because they are reliable, and have a good resale value, safety features, and they make a quality product. I have never experienced any problems with any of the vehicles I owned.

Favorite Features

LED taillights; smooth, quick V6; fit and finish; standard equip. which are options on other cars: heated seats and mirrors; satellite radio; leather; 6 disc cd;

Suggested Improvements

Sportier look; wider performance tires; standard fogs lights; more horsepower

From Dodge to Honda
By Erin

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little apprehensive about purchasing my first 4 door car. I love the V-6 the Honda offers...definitely worth the extra money. Smooth ride and handles great. The sunroof is awesome and the 6 disc cd player rocks. I will probably be sticking with the imports for my next purchase.

Favorite Features

V-6 has TONS of get-up!! Sunroof and 6-disc changer are awesome!!

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage not as great as advertised!! Not bad, just not the 28+ that was indicated. Temperature/ Compass should be standard feature.

My sexy Silver LX
By andrew

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda Accord has always been an excellent car. Very impressed. I drove over crappy roads and at 6400 miles I have a couple of rattles: one in the passengers door area and one in the rear panel by the back window. The 06 has a firm, sporty ride, unlike the Camry's soft ride (for grandpa!) I get a lot of compliments at work and on the street. Love the Alabaster Silver w black interior color combo....very sexy.

Favorite Features

LOVE the super-bright dash panel lights, remote/key all in one combo, European inside/outside styling. Stereo system pumps out some good boom for a factory stereo!

Suggested Improvements

DO AWAY with the SE model and add all the features to the LX...like 16 inch rims instead of the plastic wheel covers on 15 inch wheels....add the audio controls on the steering wheel...color code the bottom side panels of the car to match the paint...DO AWAY with the VP model as well!

Nice, but not a "sport" sedan
By Chris

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

All the normal great things you get from Honda, good design, comfort, reliability. The engine is powerful and smooth, and the 6-speed transmission adds some sportiness. But don't fool yourself, this car is sill a Honda Accord. You're not getting a "cheaper" sports sedan by going to the manual. Doesn't handle like a Buick, but leaves something to be desired. The car needs a better handling package, upgraded suspension with wider tires and upgraded brake system.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine, gas mileage, manual transmission, overall very nice car.

Suggested Improvements

Add some "sport" to the manual, with upgraded suspension, wheels/tires, and brakes.

Accord 2006
By Blaine Palmer

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been incredibly impressed at the build quality and the engineering that has gone into the Accord. I am an avid reader of anything I can find that deals with automobiles, and through my study, and now my experience, the Accord cannot be matched for value and fun to drive. I have not had one problem, and my gas mileage varies between 34 and 38 highway.

Favorite Features

For its price, is better built than any other car. I like all the features.

Suggested Improvements

The automatic up and down of the driver's side window is so fast that it is difficult to stop it near the upper position. The EX should have full power seat as standard equipment. The hood still has a manual prop to hold it open.