2006 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Excellent Car!!
By Krystal on 03/14/09 06:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my old 00' Hyundai Elantra for this 06' Accord and I couldn't have made a better choice! I drive a lot, about 15k each year and the seats are so soft and comfy I could sleep in them! I definitely love the sunroof, steering wheel controls and black interior. Lots of compartments for storage as well. Obviously, isn't that great in the snow, so sadly I must trade in for a SUV soon. Otherwise I would keep this baby forever!

Great, refined car
By Mr.Cars on 02/18/09 17:08 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2006 Honda Accord features a more refined interior than previous years. When ever I ride in a car that goes for about the same price range, I get back into my Accord and appreciate how nice it is. The seats are perfect for a long trip, and the car features a good amount of room in the rear and up front. I love how smooth the car transitions between acceleration ( which is quite good ) and braking. The car handles very well and the breaks are also impressive. The stereo system in the car is also great.

4get the Hybrids! Don't give up size!!
By R on 02/05/09 13:33 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a manual shift 4 cylinder to save gas mileage and to better maintain control of the car... to have fun driving! I have done as well as 39 mpg highway driving, a little better than my 94 Accord stick shift. I use cruise more than the average person. You're going to get fewer mpg when you use gas with ethanol added. With the stick, you don't need 6 cylinders. Couldn't believe I actually looked at and drove others before I got another Accord. Even owned a used Camry for 2 yrs (automatic), but it doesn't have the same drivability as an Accord.

My 6 Honda - 4th Accord
By iflynrv on 01/28/09 11:45 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

1st off, I'd like to say that this is my 4 Accord. Have owned a 89, 92, 99 now the 06. This is least favourite. I've owned the car for 6 months now (I drive about 35,000 miles per yr., mostly highway and I cannot get over the very poor gas mileage - the car is from the US but I live in Toronto. As all my cars I drive about 130 on the highway which is 75ish and this car has getting half what my 99 did with 280,000 kilos on it (original clutch/motor not touched) I've got as bad as 275 miles to the tank and best was 375. I don't push it off the line but do drive at 75 and its by far the loudest Accord inside.

Great Car
By Pedrooch on 01/27/09 00:32 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Accord EX V-6 3 years now, and I've never had an ounce of trouble with it. This is my 3rd Honda and loved all of them. I've driven cross country with it twice, and loved every mile. The car runs as good now as day I bought it. Except for routine maintenance, the only problems I've had with it was a flat tire (I blame NYC streets) and burned out headlight. Tires are expensive for this car, the Michelin tires coast $270.00 a tire. If you are looking for a used car, you can never go wrong with a Honda.

Mama's Accord
By Mitch on 01/07/09 23:37 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased this Accord in 5-06, new. It has 25K on it as of 1-09. So far it's been washed, periodic oil and filter changes and a new air filter. It's trouble free. The gold appeals to my wife and she really loves the car. Fit and finish are also good with a very nice paint job. Mileage is a consistent 25 mpg. Brakes were touchy at first and now are fine. This model is the Value Pack which is the lowest priced Accord. I could not believe we could get a new Honda for under 17K! Some of it's many features we enjoy are it's high resale value, rock solid feel and it's reliability. We got our daughter an '07 Accord and it's a carbon copy of ours, a safe, hassle-free reliable car.

Reliable commuter car
By Richard on 12/01/08 23:58 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car is very reliable with great fuel economy for a midsize, but the finish out is cheap. Glove compartment drawer rattles and there is rattle from trunk lid. I've learned to live with it, instead of taking it into the shop. Driver door handle faux metal finish flaked off within the first 10,000 miles (replaced - no charge). The seat heaters only heat the seat and not the lumbar/lower back. Seats are not made for long trips (3+ hours) without a stretch break. Finish out is the biggest negative and almost enough to trading-in or sell an otherwise reliable vehicle.

good car
By dan on 10/23/08 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car generally, although a few things annoy me about it. First is the high catch point on the clutch makes it a little hard to drive at first until you get used to it. Also, the light steering on this car make it follow the grade of the road too much. I thought the alignment was out, but it just tracks the road curvature a lot. The seats collect lint very easily. The brakes are really grabby.

6 speed needed
By mac on 09/25/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Manual wakes this 6 up. Quick when pushed but I average 28 mpg mixed. Tires not wide enough for its guts, can spin the wheels through first 3 gears. Some road noise but tolerable. Not a quiet floater, good compromise for family car and fun. Disappointed they dropped the V6 6 speed sedan for new body style. There are a few of us with kids who like to play a little.

V6 4 Door Manual
By Accord Driver on 09/23/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, has an abundance of power especially with the manual.The car does everything more than well but nothing perfect. It is a jack of all trades that gets good gas mileage as well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.