Used 2006 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2006 Honda Accord LX Leather
By Mary O'Keefe

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Special order of a LX-L Desert Mist. Came fully equipped with no extras except tinted windows. Never use the sun roof. Car has been very reliable and gets 25 mph in the city. Only complaints are two: (1) road noise on Texas non-skid surfaced roads is so loud as unable to converse except by shouting at highway speeds. Have been told by dealer that this is a common complaint that cannot be fixed by undercoating, etc. and (2) front passenger comfort is poor as feel every bump; hence, this has been turned into a town driving only vehicle. Otherwise, it has been one of the best vehicles we've owned and the 25 mph local mileage is a real plus.

reliability, low mileage

Provide a means to damp out road noise. Add cushioning (?) for front passenger seat to soften bumps

Still the Best Car I Ever Owned
By Bruce

2006 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, I wrote a review of this car in January 2006 when I had owned it for 4 months. It is now 5 years old and I still Love it! Despite being hit from behind and knocked into another car for $5000 damage and a little later being hit by a tree for another $4000 damage, it still rides and drives as good as the day I bought it! 97,500 miles and only maintenance has been oil changes, tires, one new set of spark plugs, brakes, battery and one headlamp. I don't get quite the gas mileage I should be, but that is my fault as I need to change out the air filter and probably the gas one as well. This is one great car! I will own Honda's from now on!

reliability, handling, great ride

little less cabin noise would be nice

My not so sport sedan
By Jett1

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my Accord but just like others the 3rd gear is screwy. I like the space the leather seats hold well for the occasional aggressive driving. I use it as my daily driver the V6 is very peppy. A little stronger clutch would be nice to hold the heavy (fast high revving) shift's but for normal driving it is just fine. For the fuel mileage I am averaging 23-25 mpg with a mix of city/hwy driving. I feel the mpg is great.

v-tec V6 mated with the 6spd, sunroof, carbon fiber interior parts, seating for 5

For this year they could have used the brambo's from the Acura TL, Better balance the weight of the car so it could go into corners better, Tweak the 6 spd's 3rd gear

Good value but a few faults
By Steve

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This Honda Accord showed that the Honda line came a long way. The standard features in the car are what you would expect from a luxury car. This vehicle takes the bumps well and has tight handling. Pick-up is adequate. The seats are supportive and comfortable and leg room is not an issue. Trunk room is decent, and the stereo system is A+ considering its standard. The heated seats are also a plus. The biggest negative about the car is its weight. Its way to light and you can easily feel the smallest breeze when driving above 65 MPH.

seats, handling, stereo system, room, fuel economy, reliability

make the Accord heavier and have an AWD option.

"as opposed to Toyota Camry"
By biggelow

2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather, Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When we bought our Honda we were shopping for our 3rd Camry, however, the Toyota salesman was more interested in his newspaper so we went across the street to May Honda in Waco. Kind of a lucky break, The Honda Accord is quieter and has a quieter "more substantial" feel. For a 4 cylinder auto, I have never felt as though I needed more power, the 4 banger does really well in town nd on the highway. I have 130k miles on the odometer and it is still as quiet, responsive and comfortable as it was when new. The only thing negative I can think of is that the tires have to be "V" rated and those tires are expensive, noisy, wear fast. "W" rated tires would have been the right choice.

Nav unit and XM radio

W rated tires instead of V rated (who would ever travel at sustained speeds over 143?)

• SUV