2006 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
LX Special Edition
By banjobama on 07/02/14 11:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2006 Accord for almost a year now and I LOVE IT. It looks great (2-door coupe) and sporty with tinted windows, moon roof, and the dual exhaust. The inside is all leather and wood trim, it looks fantastic and is extremely comfortable. My only complaint is I wish it was easier to get into the back seat from the drivers side. But if I was that worried about it I would have gotten a 4-door car. I had to drive it in some Seattle snow and it handled great. I wish the stereo had Bluetooth but I guess it's a little old for that. Besides that it sounds good. I feel this car looks a lot better inside and out than a lot of newer cars just coming out.

Hidden Gem
By grantman64 on 03/13/14 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Got a new job where I'm on the road a lot, so I needed a comfortable, reliable car -- but I wanted something with some luxury and sportiness! Oh, and I only had a used-car budget. I found my EX-L V6 coupe with only 57k miles on it, and man, I just love it. How does Honda make their V6 so smooth? When I mat the gas, it gets up and goes, and the engine never sounds thrashy or strained. And the handling is good for a front-driver - it doesn't bob or float, and though the ride is firm, it's not punishing.

Always Buy Honda
By ashbmcc on 11/11/13 08:31 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I honestly love my Honda Accord. I bought it with 88,000 miles 2 years ago and now have 130,000. I drive a lot and needed a good quality car. Honda is the way to go, and especially an accord. I've contemplated selling my car only because of the loan I used to buy it is sinking me. But, I just can't actually get to the point of wanting to give up a car I really enjoy having and one that has been so reliable. When I bought it two years ago with 88k miles on it, it was Honda certified with a year warranty I paid extra for. I shouldn't have purchased the warranty, although always good to play it safe, but I never needed to use it. Great car. Love it.

disappointed
By lacyayn on 04/08/13 19:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Cute car, fun to drive though I recommend the manual transmission if you are looking for fun. Really disappointed with the gas mileage achieved though. I am told its due to the ethanol in gas now. Only getting on average 25mpg highway when its rated up to 31 and get about 23 around town.

Most reliable car I have owned
By sublimefan661 on 08/19/12 21:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new from the dealership with 7 miles on her. Its now been 6 years, 80k miles later and she still drives the same as she did when i first got her from the dealership. No major work done except oil changes, battery once, all four tires twice, front brakes once, air filter and just passed smog with flying colors. Im going to keep driving this thing till the engine blows up.

Really good... but
By gringoviejo on 10/18/11 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife 5 years ago. Attractive, well put together, sporty, economical, reliable, and still turns head after all this time. The car is pretty good, too! It reminds me a lot of the old Prelude, but a lot bigger.

Boring, Dull but Reliable
By andysomogyi on 06/25/11 14:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is definitely not in the BMW 3 series league. I had the V6 - 6 speed model with the sport suspension. Understeered fairly bad, rolled and wobbled badly on corers, and despite fairly good HP numbers, acceleration felt uninspired. This car had no personality, it just basically ran -- dull exhaust note, non-communicative steering. If you just want a commuter car, this is probably fine, but don't waste your money on the V6. You want a more performance oriented car, look elsewhere.

WOW!
By TC on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Super car. Bought used with about 50,000 miles. Drives excellently. 3 accords in my family. All super! The v6 is so smooth! 6 speed manual takes a little getting used to . Especially after I drive my wife's auto 4 cylinder. There is some kind of flaw with 3 rd gear. Sometimes does not want to go in. Thought it was my used version. But hearing others have the same problem. When you want to get down and boogie . The thing will really move. Or will be a super smooth commuter. It is a real 4 seater even though a coupe. I have driven the latest models. I will not give this one up for one of those. Honda needs to get better with new models. Hyundai is a real threat now. My 06 is a+

One Awedome Honda
By Richard on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought this black beauty with 30,000 miles on it and am amazed at its performance, economy, handling, and comfort levels. It's definitely at the top of its class and better than many costing thousands more. I put 18 inch 2009 Honda wheels on it (with 235/40/ZR18 Michelin tires), and it corners like it's on rails. The black leather interior says luxury in every aspect. No amenities were left to chance, per the usual Honda mindset. Just put 262 miles on it last night (75 mph freeway driving) and got 29.5 mpg - very good for this powerful V6. Glad it shares its stellar reputation with its 'bread-and- butter' sister (Sedan) while adding a bit of individualism 'sport' to its look/feel.

Great affordable used sports coupe
By My06Accord on 08/16/10 11:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I sold my Acura and my Subaru WRX STi due to buying a house. I was looking for a reliable, affordable and comfortable coupe. I found this car with 53,000 miles, new tires and new brakes. Please check the battery carefully, mine was leaking and the positive terminal was corroded. The car is very comfortable and pretty quiet (not much road noise) compared to what I used to drive. I paid 14K. The V6 has 240 hp from the factory, I added the AEM V2 cold air intake for another 15. The car gets easily 300 miles on a tank and uses 87 octane.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.