Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

extremely reliable
By Jim Mehlich

2006 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 2 honda accords the current one is a 2006 six cylinder. My wife loves it she feels very safe driving it. She got rear ended in our first honda and walked away with out a scratch. I was totally impressed by that. Jim M

Great Car
By jollygrnjiant

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car in 2008 with 15k, it currently has 120k. It has been a fantastically reliable car. Other than normal maintenance the only thing I've had to repair was the starter. I do all my own work and it has been a very easy car to work on. Changing the timing belt, it has the easiest to read timing marks of any car I've worked on. It's those little things that you don't usually see that tell you it has had a lot of engineering put into it and it shows. I fully expect this car to last for another 120k easily.

v6 has great power. Very smooth transmission. Incredible reliability.

I'm 6'4" and there just isn't quite enough legroom to be perfectly comfortable, and the steering wheel doesn't telescope out far enough to get to as comfortable a position as I'd like.

LX Special Edition
By banjobama

2006 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2006 Accord for almost a year now and I LOVE IT. It looks great (2-door coupe) and sporty with tinted windows, moon roof, and the dual exhaust. The inside is all leather and wood trim, it looks fantastic and is extremely comfortable. My only complaint is I wish it was easier to get into the back seat from the drivers side. But if I was that worried about it I would have gotten a 4-door car. I had to drive it in some Seattle snow and it handled great. I wish the stereo had Bluetooth but I guess it's a little old for that. Besides that it sounds good. I feel this car looks a lot better inside and out than a lot of newer cars just coming out.

Best car I have owned
By lulu29

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the my Accord in 2009 with 30k miles, it now has 134k miles. I use it to commute to work. I have never had to do any work other the maintenance. Its fun to drive and gets great mpg. I bought my car from a dealership and its lowered. I love the look and style. Roomy interior to par. I have 2 more payments till its paid for. I'm seriously debating to buy another newer Acura or just keep driving this one.

The roomy interior is great because my parents are very comfortable, My boyfriend of twelve years (6'-5" and 240lbs) loves to drive this Honda, has plenty of headroom for him. The Stereo system rocks with a ton a bass.

Amazing vehicle
By ptr81

2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our Honda Accord SE in May 2013. It is amazing - with great fuel economy, impeccable build quality, and outstanding reliability. It starts flawlessly in -40 C weather and smoothly rushes to redline when it's driven hard. Although the steering is light, it is communicative and direct. This is one of the best Honda vehicles we have ever owned - next to my 1996 bare-bones Canadian Civic LX 5MT (DX in the US) Sedan.

All