2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:
Great overall family truck
By Mark Danley on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been an exceptional truck, plenty of power and quiet for a diesel. much quieter than either the Dodge or Ford. A very comfortable truck to drive. We pull a 10,000 lb 5th wheel and it pulls with little effort.

One Big Truck
By Paul Harrison on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my dream truck. 12 MPG City/16 Highway - no better even with Mobil 1. The 6.0L is fine for commuting, racing punks in Civics and hauling stuff from Lowe's. It does work hard to tow a 6,000 lb. camper. The 6.0L is a revver not a torquer. If you do more than occasional towing, the Duramax is the choice for you. The 8.1L gets 9 MPG so think carefully before making that choice. It hauls 2 tons, that's right, 2 tons of gravel without squatting or skipping a beat. The OEM Bridgestone tires wore out at 45K and because it has to work to tow a moderate trailer, I gave it a 9. It is a monster to park, especially in a parking garage so Fun to Drive is a 9.

ULTIMATE TRUCK
By gmgp455 on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLE 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THIS TRUCK IS A WORK HORSE ,FUN TO DRIVE AND HAULS LOADS LIKE THEY WERE NOTHING. POWER IS EXCELLENT DRIVES LIKE A SPORTS CAR VERY COMFERTABLE TRUCK. IT GETS DECIENT MILELAGE 18mpg HIGHWAY 10mpg AROUND TOWN .

Review of 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD
By R Freni on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second GMC Sierra 2500HD in the past two years, I love both of them. I have the 6.0L Engine (the smallest engine that I believe they put in this truck) in my truck and I have yet to find anything that I can't tow with it. The tow/haul feature works great. All in all this truck rides great, tow's great and plows snow great (if you haven't figured it out yet I think these trucks are GREAT!)I have not yet had to bring them back to the dealership for any type of repair other than normal service.

rear tire wear stinks
By bwieland on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

BEWARE - my truck has excessive rear tire wear - rear tires were shot at 12,000 miles - front tires were 20% used -

Great Truck
By Newpemberly on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the finest truck I've ever driven for ride and design. Good work GM. You should get some market share with this one.

Best of Fleet
By Snickers on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have a fleet of pickups. I have Dodge, Ford, Chevrolet and GMC. My General Motors vehicles are by far cheaper to maintain and operate of the fleet. My people all want the General Motors trucks for their ride and comfort. As I rotate I will go strictly with General Motors. They get ruff use in the oilfield and hold up. Thank You GM :-)

Sierra HD with the 8.1!
By dkmalone on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 HD Sierra with the 8.1 V-8 and the Allison transmission is tremendous! I think there is so much hype over the Duramax, the 8.1 gets overlooked. Unless you drive 30,000 miles a year or expect to keep the truck forever the $4,000 premium for the diesel doesn't make sense. Properly equiped, both tow the same. But it's that big block 496 cube engine that puts a smile on my face everytime I start it up. My wife loves driving it too! I'm sure I could get better mileage, but I can't keep my foot out of it. I get about 12 MPG.

What a TRUCK!
By Huck BB62 on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SL 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

If you haven't driven a new GM heavy duty, you're in for a shock. The thing is super quiet inside. I've got the upgraded interior and it's very very plush. The 6.0 is a forceful engine and delivers in spades. It is a very capable truck off road and on long trips, it's real pleasure. A long inspection of the underside and underhood of this truck reveals a ton of thoughtful engineering and plain old brawn. Not ONE factory assembly error has been found on my truck. If it got stolen tomorrow, I'll be back down to the same dealer to get one just like it.

best 4 truck door out there.
By mark reinhardt on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SL 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

best 4 door out there plenty of power,and comfort great with two kids.