2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Great Value

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

Great Value
By Happy with 1st Ford on

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am so happy with my first domestic. This has been the most reliable car I've owned, better then Toyotas and VWs I have owned. Almost 30K miles, and just perform maintenance. Highway mileage is best at 60- upper 20's, city is not great, but this is a 2 ton plus car (4075 with AWD loaded -C&D article) with 263 horsepower, larger than any Toyota or Honda by 400-500 pounds with AWD, so gas mileage for its size is commendable. It is not a Corrola or camry 4 cylinder, and honda and Toyota V6 cars, including the Avalon, are much smaller regardless of class (400-500 pounds), and they do not offer AWD. Taurus feels more stable at fast highway speed, especially with cross winds than other sedans.

Comfort, outstanding reliability, value, Sync, easy to use, visibility is best of any sedan, safety, acceleration for its heft. Even though this is an updated 500, I like the large interior, the high seating position, the enormous back seat, the huge trunk, and even the useful rear wing wondows.

Seat memory for passenger, front bumper sensors, telescopic steering wheel, and better high end stereo would be welcome. I like the look of the 2010 Taurus, but I am disappointed that the beltline looks like a 300, so visibility is taking a big hit, and the rear seat looses 3 inched of leg room.
By hittod
on 01/29/14 09:56 AM (PST)

Do you still have this car, and if so, can you estimate the highway gas mileage?

By dzier10838
on 04/14/14 20:07 PM (PDT)

I still have this car; nearly 135,000 miles. Mileage is still the same - Highway i get 28-30 when i drive 65 mph. City is 15-18. The car is very heavy and AWD, but the transmission is designed for highway cruising mileage. Still love the car. Trouble free and still looks great.