Used 2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Experience With New 2008 Ford Taurus
By Rom Buescher

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In nearly 11,000 miles, I have found the car to be excellent. With 60 yrs, +900,000 miles, of driving experience in all makes of automobiles, I consider it one of the best cars I have ever purchased. It is comfortable, roomy, quiet, smooth, reliable, safe and peppy. I get >27 mpg hiway, 23.3 overall & I'm not a slow driver. Appearance - very good, finish - superb, both in & out. I'm baffled how your review can be so negative. I disagree with almost every rating, e.g. brakes are not mushy. I find them to be quick & very effective. Same for steering - precise with litle body roll & stable on all road conditions.

Room, comfort, ride, visibility, high seating (& I'm not small - 6'3", 220#) performance, reliability, finish, quiet, legroom (with front seat back, has lots of legroom in rear)

Reduce glare on front window & instrument panel in some sun positions. Make dash lights brighter so they are more visible in bright sun. Use some color other than red for dash displays. Like 10% of males, am somewhat red-green color blind

Great Value
By Keebler

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has an incredible amount of interior room (front and back seats) and a huge trunk. Ride is very quiet and handling/acceleration is good. Fuel economy is decent for a car of this size; I am averaging 20 city/27 highway. I change my own oil and the placement of the oil filter is very convenient. I've had too many other cars where the filter is hard to reach or it is placed so that oil drips everywhere once removed.

Sirius radio, reverse sensors, Synch, memory seats/mirrors, charger in console to allow phone to be charged while stored out of the way.

Synch controls on steering wheel should not eliminate volume controls on steering wheel.

Nice Car Great Quality
By iam4ralph

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. We have found no quality concerns and my wife loves to drive this car. We are glad Ford decided to come back with the Taurus.

We love the Sync feature as well as the ride and how quiet the Taurus is.

No suggestions, just keep building great cars.

AWD
By mitch

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has been great. I live in the Sierra mountains, and the Taurus does great in the snow! I looked at a Lexus and MBZ. I am glad I went with the Taurus. A lot of people don't realize that Ford still makes the Taurus.

AWD, the limited model, all the toys.

Definitely Drive One
By RS

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a wonderful car! Always liked the look of the 500 (more so the Taurus) and the safety features on this car are second to none. I have the Safety/Security Package, Comfort/Convenience Package, and the Reverse Sensing System. All of which were absolutely worth it. Looking for something to stuff a couple of child seats into and lug around the necessary stuff too. My friends chuckled at me when I got it. That is until I took them for a spin in it and then it was, "Wow!". My wife liked it so much, she went out and got a Taurus X a month later. Fords have come a long, long way and their tag line is spot on. Drive one, indeed.

Safety, visibility, "Command Seating", gobs of room, smoooooth ride, and super-duper quiet. The engine's got plenty of pep, and shifts smoothly too. Gets an acceptable 24 mpg in mixed driving but it's a big V6 for Pete's sake, not a hybrid!

Tilt/telescoping steering wheel and the radio's just so-so.

• SUV