Used 2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Nice Car Great Quality
By iam4ralph

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car. We have found no quality concerns and my wife loves to drive this car. We are glad Ford decided to come back with the Taurus.

Favorite Features

We love the Sync feature as well as the ride and how quiet the Taurus is.

Suggested Improvements

No suggestions, just keep building great cars.

AWD
By mitch

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has been great. I live in the Sierra mountains, and the Taurus does great in the snow! I looked at a Lexus and MBZ. I am glad I went with the Taurus. A lot of people don't realize that Ford still makes the Taurus.

Favorite Features

AWD, the limited model, all the toys.

Definitely Drive One
By RS

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a wonderful car! Always liked the look of the 500 (more so the Taurus) and the safety features on this car are second to none. I have the Safety/Security Package, Comfort/Convenience Package, and the Reverse Sensing System. All of which were absolutely worth it. Looking for something to stuff a couple of child seats into and lug around the necessary stuff too. My friends chuckled at me when I got it. That is until I took them for a spin in it and then it was, "Wow!". My wife liked it so much, she went out and got a Taurus X a month later. Fords have come a long, long way and their tag line is spot on. Drive one, indeed.

Favorite Features

Safety, visibility, "Command Seating", gobs of room, smoooooth ride, and super-duper quiet. The engine's got plenty of pep, and shifts smoothly too. Gets an acceptable 24 mpg in mixed driving but it's a big V6 for Pete's sake, not a hybrid!

Suggested Improvements

Tilt/telescoping steering wheel and the radio's just so-so.

It's still a Ford
By GD

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While it's a sharp looking car, it's still a Ford. Disappointing highway mileage (26 mpg) is the biggest issue to me. Engine noise is a little to high and the interior quality looked a little cheap, and my cloth seats and plastic trim are already showing signs of wear and I take care of this car! I'm having transmission shift problems (as is another person I know who has one) and the car just developed a coolant leak that the dealer had to put dye in the coolant to find out where it's coming from. It is a sharp looking car though!

Favorite Features

Sharp looking, very European. Huge trunk with folddown rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mpg, smoother transmission shifting, and overall build quality

Safe yet fun
By KnBama

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow. Lots of room! I have the leather trim and moonroof which adds to the comfort. The trunk space is awesome for bat bags and luggage. If you need a safe full size sedan this is a great choice

Favorite Features

On steering wheel radio controls. Roominess

Suggested Improvements

I end up turning on the wash wipers when I use the signal, touchy Wing spoiler would be fun