2000 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

LX Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
A Lemon!
By looking4adea1 on 01/20/15 07:32 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Ford Taurus about 3 years ago. My grandma had purchased it new and my sister had been driving it for about a year. I knew my grandma had taken good care of it and it had low mileage (under 60k). I am a student commuting to school so I did put a lot of miles on it. By now it has approximately 90k. I have poured thousands of dollars into it for repairs over the years. It constantly broke down. There was a consistent list of things that needed to be repaired. It was just a matter of what was priority. Now it just blew a head gasket and is basically done. It didn't even hit 100k miles. The car was a complete lemon!

Not Such A Bad Ride
By Fordowner on 06/17/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

To tell you the truth I bought this vehicle without even looking at it. But since then I have only had to repair the regular things sensors brakes windshield wipers all cosmetic stuff. I love the get up it has. Awesome acceleration and plus she sounds awesome. I love all the room and the sound system. plus this car is over 10 years old and she still cleans up very very nice. It has over 137K on it but drives like new if you ask me! Great Purchase awesome investment fun to Drive. And I work for Chevy. We should make cars like this all day long!

Good Value So Far
By J.K. BURGE on 04/27/05 03:33 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Taurus LX new. So far I am very pleased with it. I currently have 44,000 miles on it. I also have a 2001 Toyota Corolla, which is a good car on the city streets, but on the highway the Taurus is far superior.

What is all the fuss about?
By Cheapo on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new because of the less than invoice 'ad' in the paper. Car has been great except resale. Now has 49k and no repairs, just keeps purring along. Only complaint is engine pings in winter. Maybe because it is an LX, I have no options that can go wrong.