Used 2000 Ford Taurus SES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Good
By clcoleman

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2006 with 150,000 miles on it. When I bought it. It was a preferred car at the dealership. So it got mantenance, pretty often, Change oil every 3,000 miles, and routine expection every week! In 2011 I changed the spark plugs, plug wires, fuel pump. And resivor. (naturally for a 11 year old car). At 206,340 miles still runs strong.

Favorite Features

Mirror with lights in sunvisor, faux leather on door panels, remote keyless entry, v6, alloy rims, truck space, buttons on sterring wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. Great car. They dont make these models anymore so....

Good Everyday Car
By FJN

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Purchased car used with 13K miles. Used as daily for eight years. Ran to NYC from Virginia several times each year. Great highway mileage(29mpg). 200HP engine moves. Nimbleness of this car surprises. As daily driver, always reliable. Performed routine maintenance. Comfortable car for four on trips. Gave car to my son two years ago. Still going strong for him. For me, I think this was one of Fords better vehicles.

Favorite Features

Interior room. Exterior styling good for a "family" sedan.

Great car!
By ajc

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 03 needed something right away didnt think it would last me this long but I am amazed Ive never had any significant or major problems. Great gas mileage and very roomy and comfortable. To big for me but overall its been a great car. Great in the snow too!

Favorite Features

comfy seats

Suggested Improvements

more hp

'00 Taurus SES
By RD

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Bought a low mileage, SES with duratec engine. Can't say enough about the car. Build quality is excellent. Duratec engine is strong & powerful. I had a Sable before this SES, with Vulcan engine and there's no comparison. Clean, bold lines with none of the nanny features that are present today's vehicle. Straight forward and reliable is this SES, you can find many bargains on used Taurus & Sables.

Favorite Features

Duratec engine, clean lines of the interior and exterior, smooth stout ride. No nanny features.

Suggested Improvements

More mpg.

Reliable SES
By Buddy4

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Has been a very reliable car, never have had anything fail or break down. The only expenses have been routine maintainence items, i.e. belts, hoses, battery, tires, etc.

Favorite Features

Solid comfortable ride, very roomy inside, and great flexibility carrying things with its large trunk and fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a little more powerful engine. I've got the smaller V-6 with 155 HP. It's adequete, but on the plus side I'm getting good gas mileage, 20MPG city, 24 MPG combined, 27 MPG highway.