2002 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Tough as nails

2002 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XL Regular Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

Tough as nails
By Trouble Maker on

2002 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I am 19, in college, and have had this truck since I could drive in highschool. I can already tell you I have put more abuse in this truck in the time i've had it than most ever deserve. I've juiced the ol' Trouble Maker up since getting it, various engine upgrades, exhaust, and now I have the numbers to 175 horses and 200+ fp of torque in the EXTREMELY outdated Vulcan 3.0. Not particularly fast, (though geared very well) and fuel mileage leaves alot to be desired, the one thing this motor and truck has is unwavering, stubborn loyalty. Since having it I have pulled heavier trucks out of steep trails, and had many adventures where my truck was the star. all without any problems. At all.

Sturn, sticky handling, tough strong feel, Handsome without looking like an SUV with a bed, and by GOD it will take just about anything you can throw at it. Hard bumps, steep tough trails, extreme weather, parking dividers, curbs, minivans, it plows through all without a scratch. Truely a mans mini.

Engine line up, without a doubt,interior is very 90's-fisher price toy grey (with some black trim that I do find attractive in my trim package) Lots, I repeat, LOTS of road noise, very stiff unforgiving ride that forces you to hear and feel every bump in the road, door locks that over time stiffen