2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews 5

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
FX4 Ford's worst truck built
By hwbw on 05/20/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since 2002 I have put in two master cylinders for the clutch. had the engine blow at 38,000 miles and got no help from Ford at 2,000 miles past warranty. Had poor performance and reliability. Replaced clutch pressure plate and slave cylinder at 43,000 miles due to the slave cylinder welding itself to spline. Also, I have had many problems with the electrical system. You are probably thinking that I beat on this truck and the answer is not at all. I drive less than 2 miles to work and 97% of drive time is on highways on trips around 500 miles. Unless you know how to work on cars plan on a lot of money in maintenance.Think about another brand!

2002 Ranger 4x2 Supercab 3.0
By Mongo on 04/07/05 15:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this with 3,000 miles on it, now has 41,000 miles. Except oil and filter changes I've had to do no repairs. Bought a Ford Extended warranty - may have wasted $800.00 on it. Has a manual transmission which shifts effortlessly. Only thing I wish I had was a tilt steering wheel as I'm 6'4" and sometimes my knee knocks the turn signal on.

A Big Little Truck
By Joe.C on 03/29/05 09:07 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just picked up my used XLT to replace my weak, extremely uncomfortable, gas guzzling '04 Nissan Frontier. The exterior styling is great. The ride quality is dead on and interior room is outstanding. I am 6'0" with long legs and I am so comfortable. This past weekend I was riding around with 3 other adults in there. The 3.0L is a little weak but it's not meant to be a speed demon. This vehicle had 36K on it when I picked it up and it's great. My Nissan with only 5K on it had squeaks and rattles. I always liked Ford trucks and I am glad to own one. Great buy, best in its class by far. I should have bought this truck first. Live and learn I guess. I learned the Ranger is the best choice

A Big Little Truck
By Joe.C on 03/29/05 09:07 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just picked up my used XLT to replace my weak, extremely uncomfortable, gas guzzling '04 Nissan Frontier. The exterior styling is great. The ride quality is dead on and interior room is outstanding. I am 6'0" with long legs and I am so comfortable. This past weekend I was riding around with 3 other adults in there. The 3.0L is a little weak but it's not meant to be a speed demon. This vehicle had 36K on it when I picked it up and it's great. My Nissan with only 5K on it had squeaks and rattles. I always liked Ford Trucks and I am glad to own one. Great buy, best in its class by far. I should have bought this truck first. Live and learn I guess. I learned the Ranger is the best choice

Love this truck
By love this truck on 03/17/05 14:48 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had 2 Rangers. Over 8 years have had 1 problem with the O2 sensors that cost about $200 dollars and have been places that 4 wheel drive had problems going. This is a good truck.

I love this truck.
By steepndeep on 02/06/05 16:16 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Ranger is a great vehicle. It shows that Ford has really stepped up their products since the 80's. I could have paid 1000's more for a less powerful but otherwise equal Toyota. But why would I? Good handling, quiet ride, plenty of power for towing and handling medium loads like jet skis and medium trailers with considerable weight. The only thing I don't like is that something in the interior rattles when I play a song with much base, but I just turn up the music a little and then I don't even hear it.

This is one bad truck
By TINY MARTIN on 01/14/05 15:02 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Man, I owned a 1988 Ranger XLT for 13 years and loved it. Decided to try another Ranger. Got me an Edge 4 dr and love it. It is one bad truck. Powerful engine, smooth ride and great look. I love the styling and the way it sits up. It turns heads and I have really fallen in love with it. The gas mileage is actually better than advertised. I would put this truck against a Toyota Prerunner any day for durability and styling.

My little blue truck
By Bob Hudson on 01/13/05 14:34 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far I have 34,000 miles on this one. Sharp looking truck. Love the styling and sturdy ride. Several issues have been addressed (under warranty, luckily). Fan belt idler pulley, drive shaft, power mirror switch, rear door problems to name a few. Fuel mileage is pretty decent. 18.50 city - 22 hwy. Overall I love my Ranger and intend to keep it for a very long time.

Great Truck
By LTrNr050 on 12/04/04 10:02 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Not ever a problem! Great truck to drive. I pull my boat and my four wheeler all the time without even knowing it's back there. You get the same use of the Ranger as you would with a F-150 but with better gas mileage.

Gas Guage Drops Fast
By sgiersch on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Ranger SuperCab Edge Plus 4dr SuperCab (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First of all, the truck is beautiful, and I still think it is one of the classiest looking trucks on the road. But when I first got it, I took it back to the dealer for a check because the fuel economy was about 1/2 what was advertised, and there was a noticably rough idle. The service manager put a fuel meter on it and we went for a ride. He claimed the fuel mileage was right on (19) and that the idle was normal. Three more trips back to the shop and I gave up. Other than the square tires, it has been pretty reliable. I would buy again as a second vehicle (would get one with better fuel economy for a first vehicle.