1991 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Good truck
By rangerman on 05/20/08 15:07 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I was very fortunate to get this truck from my friend that was the original owner. It was garage kept and drove only in the city. The XLT package is nice and mine has two-tone paint (light blue top/ light gray bottom).

263,000 miles, Wow
By NE Oklahoma on 03/30/07 22:17 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is a one owner vehicle. It has 263,000 miles on the original and untouched motor, which was built in Ohio, USA. It still starts easily and goes smoothly at 75 mph. The manual transmission has been difficult to shift at times since 60,000. But, it is still the original transmisssion, having been worked on twice. I just keep changing the oil. Nothing fancy, not synthetic.

Great pickup!
By Brad Potter on 01/21/06 12:13 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this Ranger used with 70,000 miles on it. It was a commuter vehicle and also used to haul firewood, gardening supplies, etc. It's been a super vehicle.

True Blue The Roaming Ranger
By cakinsey on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has deleverd pizzas, pulled crew-cab longe bed duellies out of sand and moved me around the great state of texas for more that three years. Just now rolling over 166,000 miles I am starting to have trouble with the second clutch. I must say that this little truck is one of the best investments I have ever made. I have collided head on with a wood post metal rail guardrail at 45 mph and just broke the supports to the guardrail. I have taken the motor over 5500 rpm countless times while spanking small import cars with flashy bodywork. Only small repairs, such as a waterpump at 145,000, and the normal tune up and brake jobs needed.