Used 2013 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

The best American muscle car ever
By chrisrogers

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was blown away by the performance, looks, and quality of this car. The interior components are not cheaply made and ill fitting like the Fords of the past. Everything is top quality and controls are ergonomic. This car is very fast, but also nimble and predictable in turns, unlike Mustangs of the past. I really love the aggressive look, still better looking than the ugly 2015 Models.

Finally; an automatic transmission that is stout in quality, and outperforms a stick. Great styling, and FAST when you press the pedal. This car is much faster than the 370Z it replaced.

Better exhaust for beefier sound from the factory. Also, stock tires are too skinny.

Blast to drive
By monkeylove

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2013 base model 6 spd GT in 9/12. I really haven't spent a dime on the car that wasn't a 'self inflicted' modification. I wanted a wanted a tighter firmer suspension so upgraded with the Ford Racing suspension, 3.73 gears, and wider wheels/tires. It may now be too firm for some, but it handles great. If I were to buy it again, I would have 'pony-ed up' (sorry - couldn't resist) for the track pack with the additional display. MPG? - eh, well - I didn't buy it for that. Best I've seen on hwy only is 22, I average probably 16-17. Oh - my girlfriend is 'petite' and needs a booster seat to see over the dash so if you are short you should be aware of that.

Power on demand. Comfortable for my size (6'5"). Huge aftermarket to modify/personalize the car.

Gas mileage sucks but I didn't buy it for that. Stock GT brakes will fade under track use - get the Brembo brakes if you intend to attend HPDE track days. Stock manual shifter is balky under spirited driving - after market shifters are much better.

Beautiful design, but it better be your second car
By 1happycamper

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

We purchased the 2013 Ford Mustang GT in August of 2012. It is beautifully built, nicely detailed, has the Sync system which allows hands-free calling and streaming of Pandora, etc. However, the comfort of the car is horrible!! If this is your play car only, it might work. But if you have to drive this car any distance, forget it. You can definitely feel the road, but not in a good way. Every bump hurts after a little while. And forget trying to drive it in the rain...yikes! So Ford, you did a beautiful job in making a nice car, but the comfort factor made us sell the car within 3 months.

-Sleek design -Solid build -Beautiful leather interior -Definitely a muscle car -It's an eye turner -You will have middle aged men salivating over your car in the grocery parking lot

-Truly a 1 out of 5 on the comfort scale -Back seats are useless. Even our two small dogs didn't want to sit there. -Our main beef was how horrible the comfort was on the road for trips more than 5 miles long. -Seats uncomfortable. Just couldn't find a setting which helped support that back and helped counteract the crazy amount of vibration that you get from the suspension/road contact.