2009 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
My Baby
By bjorlino1 on 04/24/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my 2009 V6 Mustang coupe. The car is a head turner out on the open road. The "fastback" inspired exterior styling looks amazing. The interior is extremely comfortable and I love my leather seats. The ambient lighting in the cabin is a neat added touch. The car has great acceleration with 210 HP and 240 ft lbs of torque. This car is so much fun to drive. The only drawback is that the instrument panel is difficult to read at times.

Great Car
By bjorlino1 on 04/24/11 07:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my 2009 v6 Mustang. The car is a head turner out on the road and it is so much fun to drive. The car has amazing acceleration with 210 HP and 240 ft lbs of torgue. The interior is great with the leather seats and ambient lighting. The sound system with the Shaker 500 is awesome. The only drawback is that the instrument panel is tough to read at times. Overall it is a great car to buy!

My 09
By Nate on 01/18/10 16:18 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very reliable car, Gas mileage isn't perect, but its a very stylish car and im really glad to have it.

tired of the bad 6cyl reviews
By JohnnyVermin on 11/28/09 14:49 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I originally wanted to buy a Dodge Challenger the styling on those are far more superior, but with traction control and an upgraded stereo system yikes almost $25k, the Mustang has all that but was far more affordable at $17k. Ford really gives you more car for the dollar minus less hp, and the fact it has no independent rear suspension like its compettitor. Besides a slight sluggish response in overdrive i find myself only hitting the gas so often and the car smoothly driving itself. The performance is smile worthy and is far better than previous mustang 6 cyls but nothing too extreme, the car thrives on the highway, country roads and dry conditions, kinda fears backroads, rain, and snow

This is awsome!
By Rob on 06/04/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My favorite thing about owning this Mustang is just the comfort of the ride. It's easy and relaxing, yet I have power too. I also love the back bench, I can now take both my best friends with me instead of having to either leave someone out or have to take two cars.

I couldn't be happier!
By SFCJRice on 05/16/09 04:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall a great car for the price! The styling is great and I get tons of compliments. I bought the V6 model for gas and insurance reasons and am happily surprised by the power. I have the manual transmission so I get more power and it is more fun to drive. The premium edition is a must have option. I plan on giving this to my son in two years and then I will be buying the GT version.

Looks like the 60's
By terkar on 01/07/09 16:09 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Test drove the GT, but the V-6 with upfitters package caught my eye. One ride and my wife and I fell in love with the car. Very peppy acceleration, good gas mileage, and nice smooth ride. Will be getting an intake and exhaust soon but actually has more than enough pickup without it and nice 30MPG on the highway.

Great car for the money. . . a classic!
By McBane700 on 11/07/08 13:26 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Ford Mustang and my 4th Ford car overall. My original Mustang was a 1966 sky blue AT. It had the V8 289 and Pony Interior. I now own the new, Vista Blue, Pony Premium car with AT and I love it. The retro exterior styling is great, and reminds me of the brand's peak in the 1960's. The V6 has great power at 210 HP -- equal to the V8, 289ci I once owned. The interior plastics and finish are much improved from 1990's Ford cars. I love the new Shaker 500 stereo system - - it rocks! So far, I have 2,000 miles on the car and I love it! For any Ford fan this new C5 generation is the one to own -- all the good looks of the older Mustang combined with a modern, 5 Speed AT!

2009 V6 Premium Pony Package 5-speed
By Bond on 09/10/08 17:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Was looking for a sporty coupe, loved the styling of the Mustang, and found the interior roomy, I'm 6'2". Have owned 5 weeks and have logged 3000 miles. Performance is snappy, with good acceleration, and surprising handling considering the archaic suspension. Pony package has rear anti roll bar, big cornering improvement over base V6. ABS and traction control recommended. Averaging 28+ MPG in mixed driving, gets 33 on the hwy. Exterior is beautiful to my eye. Interior is also sharp, but Ford saves money on materials, lots of plastic. Leather buckets quite comfortable, but could use more side bolstering. No squeaks or rattles so far. Hard to beat for the money. A lot of car for 23k.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Mustang in NJ is:

$234 per month*