Used 2011 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2011 Fusion SEL with 3.0 is awesome
By mike7461

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 SEL with all the bells and whistles.
Moon & Tune, Nav System, BLIS, Rapid 302A, Auto start, premium leather package.
I have put over 5000 miles and my average gas milage that is mostly hwy is 25.5 MPG.
Performance with the 3.0 engine feels just right.

The technology is big plus compared to Camry and Accord! Sync and voice control of the majority of the car is awesome. I love that this car has HD Radio, Sirius Sat Radio, a huge internal Hard Drive Jukebox to copy all your CDs, and USB for my IPOD. It also plays DVD movies with the DVD/CD player. The Nav system comes with Satillite Travel link that shows Weather Maps in real time, Fuel Prices, Movies.

Rear visabilty is a little lacking in my opinion due to the rear seat head rest. If it were not for the BLIS system which my car has or the integrated blind spot mirrors on all other Fusion models I would probably pull out the rear head rest. I realize that the rear head rest is a safety feature and Ford did a pretty good job accounting for the lacking visibity with BLIS/better mirrors,.

Very nice car!
By jsnick

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was in a 2003 Altima SL that had 85,000 miles on it and ordered a 2011 fusion SEL 2.5 liter in January and took delivery of it March 5th. Fusion now approaching 6k miles and very impressed with the quality, ride & design of car. Also I get outstanding gas mileage 32 +/- for town and 37 +/- on the highway (remember this is what I get and can vary by driver). Quality, ride & workmanship is far superior to the 2003 Altima. Although I don’t know if the 2011 Altima has improved in these areas, doubt it though, it’s the same platform (reason I didn't look at Altima). I will say Altima overall was very reliable, time will tell on Fusion.

Design, workmanship, quality, ride and the gas mileage!

Noted by other people but the 2.5 liter engine can get raspy at 3500 rpm and hgher on hard acceleration. Not sure if it the engine itself or exhaust. Not a big deal or show stopper for me, in fact I don't even notice it now.

Ford Fusion is Awesome
By rojack725

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So far, we're very pleased with our Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic Fusion with the Light Stone Leather interior.
Color in and out is stunning.

175hp 4cyl powerplant is more than adequate for my daily needs, and it's very rev-happy.
Passing power is like a V6.
Mileage is 28+ before break-in.
Very cool.
6-speed auto shifts confidently and seamlessly.

Ambient Lighting and electroluminescent guages are sweet; make the interior look like a Tron Cycle.

Sony stereo is very nice- bass-y enough and clear.

The Fusion handles like a Focus and is the quietest car I have ever owned.
All in all, we are very pleased and look forward to spending the next 10 years or so in its cabin.

- smooth engine - great stereo - quiet interior - ambient lighting - great fuel economy - stellar exterior design - comfortable and stylish interior, while avoiding a 'trendy' appearance' - capless fuel filler - cool instrument cluster - invisible transmission operation - keyless entry pad (handy for a runner) - Delicious paint (Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic) - huge trunk - new SYNC features (travel directions, favorites, weather, etc) - solid build quality - handling - go kart brakes - SEL alloy wheels - etc, etc, etc...

- turn signal tone is a bit annoying - car isn't paid off!!

Steering problems
By ken153

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I like the car but, I have a major problem with the steering. When I go around curves the steering wheel will not return to center. If I let it alone I would run off the road. I must pull the wheel back to center. This happens either left or right curves. I had the car back to the dealer for repair 3 times. They were not able to fix this problem. I decided to file a claim with my states lemon law. The car had 1,300 miles on it when I discovered the problem. I see this as an accident waiting to happen. I'm hoping Ford will take this car back and give me a car that works.

A very impressive automobile
By mrfreeze57

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the 2011 I4 sel for one month, 1000 miles, it is a fantastic automobile.
The 4 cyl. has plenty of power and
all 3 times refueling, all 30 mpg or better
with combined driving, and while I have read of complaints of the 6F35 transmission (this is the first automatic I have owned) so far have had not one irratic shift and it shifts so smooth one can't hardly tell when it does unless looking at the tach, and also it shifts out of the lower gears very quickly helping it get such good gas mileage.
The fusion drives nice and the electric steering feels fine to me, the engine does make a bit of a snarl at high rpm (as most all 4 cyl do) but normal driving it is very quiet.

large trunk, excellent gas mileage, quiet ride,comfortable seats.

Too many buttons on center stack, climate control buttons should be higher and radio controls lower, front end trim a bit low and easy to scrape on curb.