Used 2011 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Watch out, bad transmission!
By lizziebeth2785

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car in March 2011. The car was first into the shop 6 months after I bought it for shifting problems.
They replaced the universal trans assembly.
Then I get a postcard to come in to the shop for the lug nuts being recalled.
So then I take it back.
I tell them that it after starting it if it has been sitting for a while that I have to press on the accelerator pretty hard just for it to start moving.
They told me this was due to the fluids needing to warm up!
The car is not even a year old!
So then I call a different Ford dealer for their opinion and was told that is completely false. I took it back and now they tell me it's normal!
Put in a formal complaint with Ford Corp

Interior is very nice and I love the lighting on the dashboard

Better transmission and hubcaps because they are super cheap and crack easily

Low power poor transmission
By buddyboy59

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

made the mistake of buying the 4cyl over the 6,the 4cyl is adequate for about town,but merging on to a freeway is a white knuckle experience,trans shifts hard from 1st to second,been to dealer,supposedly fixed,same problem,comfortable ride,handles well,rotors warped at 5600 miles,not overly impressed at this point.

styling

ford needs to remove the useless frills mood lighting,back up camera etc and improve the basics,brakes that dont warp,a trans that shifts properly,and a 4cyl that has some getup and go

Better than an Audi !
By s80sux

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Ford Fusion is an amazing vehicle, the steering, handling, and overall build quality is wonderful. We traded in our 2007 Audi A4, and could not be happier! The audi had constant "check engine lights" and was poorly constructed.

Smooth suspension over bumps, pot holes.

Rear brake light bulb, on trunklid should extend full length of the red lens....

Fusion a disappointment
By rtbrain

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have the the SEL 2.5L 4cyl and have experienced the same sort of less than stellar gas mileage. It has almost 6800 miles on it now, about 65% of those are highway and the highest it has hit is 29mpg but the city average is only 24 mpg, a far cry from the 33 highway it claims. In addition, I think the transmission feels rough on both acceleration and deceleration and I have had it in for some braking issues that have been present since I have owned it straight off the lot. At first they told me I had warped rotors (on a brand new car) and they spun them. I made them replace them after that but it is still doing a shudder/hesitation motion when I brake. So far I have been very underwhelmed.

SYNC although it also can be frustrating. The Services feature of the phone does not do a great job with some addresses that require lots of numbers and the directions that I can send to my phone only download thru the connection about 75% of the time so as far as that feature it's not 100% reliable.

Better / smoother breaking, smoother transmssion gear transitions thru upshifting and downshifting and less engine noise in the 4 cyl. Plus so far my gas mileage stinks.

Solid vehicle
By mazrrt

2011 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I recently was forced to
have body work on my 2011 Fusion.
While on my way to work, several weeks ago, a recap tire from an 18 wheeler flew off and landed in front of my Fusion at 65mph.
Extensive damage was done to the exterior of my Fusion, but it was cosmetic. I was also impressed on how well my Fusion held up with this incident.
The only damage was cosmetic on exterior.
I am also pleased with the mileage.
I travel 26 miles each way to work on interstate highways and I have received as high as 34.9 MPH.. The overall average is about 28MPH.

SYNC, performance, quality and comfort.

Ford needs to reposition the microphone for Fusions with Moon Roof package. What they should have, is a microphone that woulf flip in an downward position so you are speaking directly towards it.