2011 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews 5

2011 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Love the car...hate the hubcaps!
By duseldb on 01/11/11 12:30 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned 3 Focuses...I really enjoyed them! I stepped up to the Fusion because I needed more cabin room. The styling and performance are great...for the 2010 model year...some nitwit at Ford decided it was a bright idea to replace alloy wheels with a cheapo plastic hubcaps...on a $23000 car. Oh well, they look nice...but they are junk! The first month the paint began flaking off. I had two replaced and need 2 more replaced. It's cool because Ford is paying for it under warranty...but a pain to go into the dealer to have them replaced. Ford's solution...tough sh*t...live with it. I offered to pay for alloys if they credited me for the junk. Last Ford for me...all over junk hubcaps!

Distant Crush to Committed Relationship
By hummingvogel on 01/04/11 17:32 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've been coveting the Fusion from afar for some time and have stopped everyone who had one in parking lots to ask if they liked theirs. Always got a resounding yes. I finally bought the SEL. I have to say I've gone from having a crush to a committed relationship with plenty of spark! You get a lot of car for the price. I'm actually disappointed when I arrive in my driveway because I want to keep driving it. I've outlined some drawbacks, but I honestly would buy this car again and again.

Best combo AWD comfort and performance
By Robbster on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Have only had my Fusion SEL AWD for a week, but am quite pleased with the combination of comfort, useful tech goodies, performance and AWD handling, with just a bit of luxury thrown in. Have the 502 and luxury packages, and added the remote start. Perfect! Ride is quiet and composed (Mazda 6 underpinnings showing through), Ginger leather interior is sharp, unique and very comfortable, SYNC is an outstanding system overall with tons of useful options and services, works great with my Blackberry & Sat Radio is very cool. Keep the 3.0L revved and you can make it move quite respectably, esp. when manual shifting, and get's better mileage than I expected, 21-22 MPG combined. So far, very good!

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 6 cyl
By Bill on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car, very sporty and comfortable, but the transmission is not right. 1st and 2nd are geared really low and close, and the it wants to shift at 4k rpm even if you're accelerating slowly. Sometimes going from 4th to 5th the tranny gets 'confused' and jumps back and forth, very annoying. I only have 1,000 miles on the car.

New fusion sport
By vengeance1 on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a car for the money,build quality and performance are good. Bought the sport and it compares good to my Mercedes c-350 for about $9,000 less. Only complaint it won't synch to my garage door opener call in to ford and they said pre 1996 openers it won't hook up to.Ford come a long way.

Excellent Vehicle
By RevTBone on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the first Ford I have purchased and I am very pleased so far. The ride is excellent, the interior feels and looks solid. The interior does not have a cheap feel to it. The exterior of the car is sharp. When driving there is very limited exterior noise. One of my favorite features has to be SYNC! The SYNC service is great. You can get weather, directions, news, stocks etc all voice activated. The way that SYNC connects to my phone and allows for phone book downloads, reads texts, etc is fantastic.

I love my Fusion
By JOHNNY M on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought my fusion in Nov. I was so impressed by the way it drove and handled. The minute I got into the car and drove it down the street I was sold. Got a good deal. Drove it home that night. My fusion that i am proud to own. Is Gray & black int. Se sport v6 nice car. I like the way it handles rides great. Was really shock when I put in gear that it didn't know it was in drive I had to look to make sure. Fusion has my vote. Love the car. I had I Toyota which i am embarrassed to say it was a piece of junk. No more Toyota. All so took out 6 year wattanty. The car is great looking w/mag wheels/fog lamps it has a bold look to it. Love the radio. All around great car. I would advise to anyone look Ford first

Review update
By yogurt on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After driving 2200 miles to and from Oklahoma, I can safely say the car is great. Traveling at 75, I averaged 29.6 mpg, using gas with 10% corn squeezing. Was 32 with real gas. Slowing down to 65-70, I got up to 33.5 mpg. That is based on the computer readout, not calculated by me. On the way home, we drove 1100 miles with only a couple of stops at rest areas for catnaps. The seats were always comfortable. I like the power seat back in the 2011 model. At 75 am turning about 3100 RPM, about the same as a Harley-Davidson. The car needs a taller 6th gear. But overall, I could not be happier with the Fusion. All the trunk space is usable. Luggage for 3 for a week was no problem.

My Best car yet!
By Winger on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First I would like to say that this is my 2nd Fusion- my 1st was a '08 SEL with the 3.0L. I traded that in for a '10 Mazda3. Long story short, I eventually traded that in for this Fusion. Nothing against the Mazda3, it was a good car. The biggest flaw was the interior room- too small. I just couldn't over come it. So I leased another Fusion. This time I went with the Sport trim package, Navigation, Sony system, Platinum white metallic tri-coat, just about every option less the AWD. This car is seriously fun to drive and quick! MPG is somewhat decent when considering the larger more performance inspired 3.5L. The Select-shift adds to the fun. Very comfortable and solid ride!

The Fusion Horrible
By joy316 on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Cheap Cheap Cheap. Filled with plastic. Horrible Ride-you feel every crack in the road. Many, many blind spots. 20 mpg. Seats hard and uncomfortable. 2nd worse car I've ever had (1st was a Taurus)