Used 2011 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Better than an Audi !
By s80sux

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Ford Fusion is an amazing vehicle, the steering, handling, and overall build quality is wonderful. We traded in our 2007 Audi A4, and could not be happier! The audi had constant "check engine lights" and was poorly constructed.

Smooth suspension over bumps, pot holes.

Rear brake light bulb, on trunklid should extend full length of the red lens....

Fusion a disappointment
By rtbrain

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have the the SEL 2.5L 4cyl and have experienced the same sort of less than stellar gas mileage. It has almost 6800 miles on it now, about 65% of those are highway and the highest it has hit is 29mpg but the city average is only 24 mpg, a far cry from the 33 highway it claims. In addition, I think the transmission feels rough on both acceleration and deceleration and I have had it in for some braking issues that have been present since I have owned it straight off the lot. At first they told me I had warped rotors (on a brand new car) and they spun them. I made them replace them after that but it is still doing a shudder/hesitation motion when I brake. So far I have been very underwhelmed.

SYNC although it also can be frustrating. The Services feature of the phone does not do a great job with some addresses that require lots of numbers and the directions that I can send to my phone only download thru the connection about 75% of the time so as far as that feature it's not 100% reliable.

Better / smoother breaking, smoother transmssion gear transitions thru upshifting and downshifting and less engine noise in the 4 cyl. Plus so far my gas mileage stinks.

Solid vehicle
By mazrrt

2011 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I recently was forced to have body work on my 2011 Fusion. While on my way to work, several weeks ago, a recap tire from an 18 wheeler flew off and landed in front of my Fusion at 65mph. Extensive damage was done to the exterior of my Fusion, but it was cosmetic. I was also impressed on how well my Fusion held up with this incident. The only damage was cosmetic on exterior. I am also pleased with the mileage. I travel 26 miles each way to work on interstate highways and I have received as high as 34.9 MPH.. The overall average is about 28MPH.

SYNC, performance, quality and comfort.

Ford needs to reposition the microphone for Fusions with Moon Roof package. What they should have, is a microphone that woulf flip in an downward position so you are speaking directly towards it.

2011 Fusion SEL with 3.0 is awesome
By mike7461

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 SEL with all the bells and whistles. Moon & Tune, Nav System, BLIS, Rapid 302A, Auto start, premium leather package. I have put over 5000 miles and my average gas milage that is mostly hwy is 25.5 MPG. Performance with the 3.0 engine feels just right.

The technology is big plus compared to Camry and Accord! Sync and voice control of the majority of the car is awesome. I love that this car has HD Radio, Sirius Sat Radio, a huge internal Hard Drive Jukebox to copy all your CDs, and USB for my IPOD. It also plays DVD movies with the DVD/CD player. The Nav system comes with Satillite Travel link that shows Weather Maps in real time, Fuel Prices, Movies.

Rear visabilty is a little lacking in my opinion due to the rear seat head rest. If it were not for the BLIS system which my car has or the integrated blind spot mirrors on all other Fusion models I would probably pull out the rear head rest. I realize that the rear head rest is a safety feature and Ford did a pretty good job accounting for the lacking visibity with BLIS/better mirrors,.

Very nice car!
By jsnick

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was in a 2003 Altima SL that had 85,000 miles on it and ordered a 2011 fusion SEL 2.5 liter in January and took delivery of it March 5th. Fusion now approaching 6k miles and very impressed with the quality, ride & design of car. Also I get outstanding gas mileage 32 +/- for town and 37 +/- on the highway (remember this is what I get and can vary by driver). Quality, ride & workmanship is far superior to the 2003 Altima. Although I donít know if the 2011 Altima has improved in these areas, doubt it though, itís the same platform (reason I didn't look at Altima). I will say Altima overall was very reliable, time will tell on Fusion.

Design, workmanship, quality, ride and the gas mileage!

Noted by other people but the 2.5 liter engine can get raspy at 3500 rpm and hgher on hard acceleration. Not sure if it the engine itself or exhaust. Not a big deal or show stopper for me, in fact I don't even notice it now.

• SUV