Used 2011 Ford Focus SES Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Good car for the money
By keithm

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Having to sell my Taurus SHO(tight times)I Decided on a Focus SES. I had put a lot of cash on the Taurus & had a lot of "equity" in it. This allowed me to pay nearly all cash for the Focus.The Focus SES has a "stiffer" suspension.The options inc. Auto,Leather,"Ambient" lighting, Cruise etc. The car handles very well. It moves pretty quick,but is no SHO.The mileage is excellent, about 35MPG.It's pretty quiet overall, though the 17" tires can be noisy. They help with the good handling. My partner has a Honda Civic. It's a good car, but I thought the Focus handled better & gave you more for the money.The only thing the honda had extra was 4 wheel disc brakes. Ford should offer them as well.

Great mileage,Handles well,Reliable. Plenty of features. Sirius radio, 17" rims (SES model)Leather interior, Ambient lighting. Seats are very comfortable.

OFFER 4 wheel disc brakes(even as an option)Possibly quieter tires.Otherwise a very nice car for the money

Not grandma's focus
By pvalentino

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Initially was looking at the Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris but once I test drove the 2011 Focus SES it was the clear winner for performance to fuel economy ratio. I was in market for commuter vehicle that would be great on gas, fit all 6' 4" and almost 300 lbs of me, and the Focus did one better by throwing in 140 HP. I love the handling and feel of the SES over all the other test drives, plus I really love all the features provided by SYNC through the great sound system.

140 HP engine Gas Mileage Handling Space SYNC

Paddle shifters would be nice - Like the Fit Steering wheel adjustment could use telescopic adjustment Visors could be a little bigger or have sliding extensions built in