Great vehicle
By Michael on
2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I love this vehicle, it is the nicest riding truck I have been in yet. It handles well, and feels very stable. The 4.6 runs very smooth, and could use a little more low end torque for towing, but I will address that myself. What amazes me however is the number of people on here complaining about gas mileage. What did you expect? This is a 5000 lb. vehicle, and I see people gunning them off the line like a sports car. Thats what kills your mileage. If you drive it carefully, you can get 15-16 around town, and 20 or better on the highway. You cant forget what your driving; either you want better mileage or you want more power, you usually can't have both.
Favorite Features
Lighted running boards, RDS stereo system, CD changer, smooth running engine, comfortable seats, plenty of cupholders, good looks, ride quality.
Suggested Improvements
The self dimming rearview mirror needs a manual dimmer switch; most people tailgate and the mirror does not see their headlights and auto dim. Adjustable side bolsters on seats; I don't like sliding around my seats when I turn a corner.