Great Car for the money
By roadrunner00 on
2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Bought the 4 cylinder limited model to get better gas mileage than we were getting with out 8 cylinder. Having said that you can definitely tell its a 4 cylinder. it definitely doesn't have the get up and go that Ive become accustomed to but thats a trade I was willing to make. It feels luxurious and comfortable inside which was surprising to me since I am tall and I thought it was going to be too small. But for the money you can't beat it and I am happy with my purchase.
Favorite Features
By far my favorite feature is the one touch open close moonroof my chevy had to be held to close it. I thought the cheesy interior lights were a joke but the kids went bananas when we turned them on and now I rather enjoy having them on. Feels sort of limo-ish.
Suggested Improvements
The bumper and door handles seem rather flimsy but they seem to hold up.also the passenger seat is not motorized and the neither seat has the memory adjustment which is a pain in the rear. I wish it had blinkers on the rear view mirror and since it not 4wd slightly larger wheels. The current design may ride better but if you're not going off road a little bit sportier wheel wouldn't have hurt. Those are trivial but the memory seat is inexcusable for a limited trim level.