2012 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Great Car for the money

2012 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Great Car for the money
By roadrunner00 on

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the 4 cylinder limited model to get better gas mileage than we were getting with out 8 cylinder. Having said that you can definitely tell its a 4 cylinder. it definitely doesn't have the get up and go that Ive become accustomed to but thats a trade I was willing to make. It feels luxurious and comfortable inside which was surprising to me since I am tall and I thought it was going to be too small. But for the money you can't beat it and I am happy with my purchase.

By far my favorite feature is the one touch open close moonroof my chevy had to be held to close it. I thought the cheesy interior lights were a joke but the kids went bananas when we turned them on and now I rather enjoy having them on. Feels sort of limo-ish.

The bumper and door handles seem rather flimsy but they seem to hold up.also the passenger seat is not motorized and the neither seat has the memory adjustment which is a pain in the rear. I wish it had blinkers on the rear view mirror and since it not 4wd slightly larger wheels. The current design may ride better but if you're not going off road a little bit sportier wheel wouldn't have hurt. Those are trivial but the memory seat is inexcusable for a limited trim level.