2012 Ford Escape Consumer Review: XLT is a great buy

2012 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

XLT is a great buy
By jaytee on

2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My company just delivered to me, an Escape in Steel Blue with the 2.5L and 6 speed automatic. I must say that after 3 weeks I really really like this vehicle. Not sure what Edmunds is talking about in their CONS. The rear seat takes like 2 seconds to fold it flat. Plenty of power but it is a 4 cylinder after all. Still better than my V6 Avenger. Automatic shifts smoothly and quietly. Brakes are perfectly fine.

Room, driving position, very quiet generally and rides great! The Sync feature hooked up right away to my phone for hands free calls. Works like a charm. Folks looking for a real value need look no further. This car has it. The price was under 20K. Interior is a bit plastic-y but most cars are nowadays. Fit and finish is excellent. Cruises the interstate wonderfully.

Some engine throb at highway speed when going uphill. Not enough cubbie holes for stuff. Power adjust seats would be nice as would a telescoping steering wheel.