2012 Ford Escape Consumer Review: First time Ford lets me down.

2012 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

First time Ford lets me down.
By sweetmeli on

2012 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car back in March and two weeks later it broke down in the middle of the freeway, left me stranded. They said it was the sensor and had to replace it. First time that Ford lets me down since I have been buying Ford cars since 1997. Also the car vibrates, shakes, and rattles like if it was an older car. Not sure what is up with that, but the dealer said that a lot of people were complaining about it too.

Favorite Features

like the high technology on it, that is about it and the exterior look.

Suggested Improvements

Make my car stop vibrating! it is quite embarassing to be in a brand new car that shakes older then my 2005 car. Also the interior is falling apart. The light on top is about to fall off and all the black plastic around the doors are already falling off, I have only had this car 3 months and it looks like I have had it for years. not well built I must say.
By campmulli
on 07/20/12 15:37 PM (PDT)

I thought I was the only one concerned about the vibration. When the back windows are down I get so much vibration my ears want to pop. Also my sunvisors are broken, the clips in the front bumper broke not two weeks after I owned the vehicle. I love the gas mileage and the maneuverability but am concerned about suspension issues in the front, get a lot of snap crackle pop when I start/stop also have issues with the transmission being sluggish when it is colder outside.

By campmulli
on 07/20/12 15:37 PM (PDT)