Uncertain if this was a good purchase...
By River on
2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I bought it during employee pricing-so cheapest on market at time. I traded in my '07 V6 mustang- & I miss the power. Thought fuel efficiency would make up for it- but there's hardly a difference -engine has to rev harder to perform and eats up fuel to do it. And Braking is a joke! I braked suddenly in a parking lot & felt the vehicle skip before halting. It doesn't feel very safe to me! Interior looks alright, but not nearly so stylish as other SUVs. And a/c vents take a lot of fussing to re-adjust with 2 separate handles for each one. Storage area is good- but back seats are awkward to bring down. If I'd had more $$ I would've chosen a Kia Sorento.
Favorite Features
Storage room. other than that - i wish i would've just waited and saved more for a better braking/safety and more stylish and functional interior and exterior.
Suggested Improvements
SAFETY- While front brakes are disc - Rear brakes are only DRUM -- my vehicle does NOT come to a clean stop when needed. MAke SYNC standard - my vehicle didn't come with it and at first salesperson made it sound like you could add SYNC after market - which you can't!