Used 2010 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Bad glass
By Tim

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My new Escape has stained and scratched glass. Neither the dealership nor Ford Motor Company will do anything to assist me in fixing the problem.

Rear Main Seal Leak
By Robin

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really like the style of the vehicle and love the sync, however, the hard shifting of the 6 cylinder and the fact that I am currently majorly bummed that the vehicle started leaking oil with less than 8K miles on it and has now been in the shop for 4 days having the engine pulled to repair this is very disturbing. Based on 1st oil change and transmission recall experience, this just may be the beginning of an unhealthy vehicle relationship. I removed the passenger seat headrests because they were just in the way. I'm really kinda missing my Toyota right now.

Sync. Has a good heater. The gas pedal is ergonomically comfortable for a person with small feet!

Can't have just the front window down without cracking the back ones because of the 'reverb' affect in the passenger cab. I've found random screws in the floorboard of the front passenger compartment, from what?

Do not buy!
By rollysoc

2010 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought March 2010. A month later developed chirping noise when accelerating from a stop. Ford said part of the AWD sensing system, could/ would not be fixed. In July, began to have starting problems (wouldn't turn over then would), took to dealer and they couldn't recreate trouble. 8/16/10 Wouldn't start and then did. Called dealer scheduled to bring in on 8/17/10. 8/17/10 It wouldn't start, towed to dealer. Reported to be a Process Control Unit (the brain). Picked up from dealer on 9/7/10 and on 9/9/10 it wouldn't start again. Towed to dealer again. 9/16/10 Traded in and bought another car, NOT a Ford. Dealer was great willing to work with me, Ford wouldn't. Found On Road Dead, so true.

Great Car. some quips
By moonweyes

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Ford Escape. I bought my first one used and ended up trading it in for a brand new one. I love this car! But I do have to say, the 4 cyl, even with its upgrades, does not beat a 6 cyl. The pick up is not as great as I am used to, so i have to compensate when accelerating onto the freeway. Also, the accelerator pedal doesn't always respond immediately - it seems to hesitate and then lurches a little - but only when I am doing under 20 mph. It's like the computer system goes into sleep mode at slow speed. Sync is new to me and it's great! Anyone who gets into my car cannot believe how roomy it is (I carpool, a lot). I see why they are used for cabs in San Francisco. No fires.

Lots of leg room, gas level monitor, fun to drive, sound system on steering wheel, engine sound.

Improve acceleration/pick-up. Have to remove center head rest in back to see out rear view mirror. Independent tire feature seems to make tires slip sometimes.

Drive Train
By Jim.Lewis

2010 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Does anyone have a squeak when taking off from a full stop. Our 2010 does and would like to know what it is, if it is a fault I would like it looked at before warranty is over. Really like the vehicle other than that.

Great mileage, 31 miles per gallon on highway, nice ride and comfort,

Head rest on the back seats obstruct view but no suggestions to improve.