Terrible product, terrible customer service
By kwolff1 on
2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
We bought a 2008 Escape, we were so excited to finally have what we thought was a great new car. Well that quickly turned into a nightmare. It needed a new transmission in 2013, and now the transmission is gone again. $7000 to fix!!!! Why does the transmission last only a year?? What garbage. Then on top of the product being terrible, we were treated poorly when we took it to Ford AND by the representatives we spoke to at customer service o the 1-800 number. We are taking it to Honda to trade it in like the scrap it is, and getting a car we can actually rely on!!
Favorite Features
Nothing
By msgomez1
on 06/04/14 11:21 AM (PDT)

kwolff1 - Agree with you! I have the same exact car. Ford 'fixed' my transmission back in 2011 (under an extended warranty I bought). It was cracked, leaking, etc. Here we are June 2014 and I was told yesterday my transmission 'is shot' and it will cost $4000.00 to fix. WHAT?! I also called Ford Customer Service to seek financial assistance and was met with a very rude person named Dylan. After putting me on hold for all of 5 minutes he came to the conclusion that Ford could not help me unless there was a recall. Its plainly obvious that Fords 'fix' in 2011 was a quick one and they should be embarrassed.