Poor AC Flow
By AD on
2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I am very much in love with my Edge, except for the poor AC flow. It worked great for a year and now I can't get it above 80 degrees. We all sweat in my car and bought a fan to put in the back seat. Hopefully Ford can fix this problem and not let a good car go to waste!
Suggested Improvements
poor air conditioning flow
By mommy2boys
on 06/15/11 23:45 PM (PDT)

I had the same problem for almost 2 years now and I fixed it tonight. I had taken it into the dealership and they said it was fine well I searched online and found I needed to clean my cabin air filter (located behind the glove box!) super easy. Open the glove box unsnap the string on the right side. Squeeze the back corners and theglovebox will fall out there is a little rectangle box press it open on the left and there is a flat filter mine was awful. I vacuumed it off and put everything back together and WOW I have a blowing A/C. Now why the dealerships couldn't tell Ernst I don't know. Look less than 10mins

By tuffy60
on 09/19/11 20:40 PM (PDT)

Hi, this is a totally unrelated question: have either of you noticed dashboard glare? I drove an '08 the other day and it was terrible. Thanks for the help.

By haveeland
on 11/03/11 22:20 PM (PDT)

Thank you for the information regarding the filter. The poor A/C has always been one of my major complaints with my 08 Ford Edge. I really hope that cleaning the filter will resolve the poor A/C performance. Otherwise, I really like the vehicle. I am thinking of upgrading my 08 to a newer version, Does anyone know if the A/C system is better in the newer Ford Edge models? Has anyone had issues with the moldings?

By anacat530
on 06/29/11 17:51 PM (PDT)

I had the same problem too. I have two children and we would sweat like crazy going anywhere. We live in South Texas and it is hot here. I took it to the dealership and they told me that they were going to charge me $1,200 to fix it. So, I researched it and cleaned the filter behind the glove compartment and my A/C blows like new again for FREE!