Used 2008 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

mixed
By fordowner

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car because it was cute and i wanted a small suv so i dodnt have to cram my stroller into a trunk anymore. Overall, I am pretty happy with it. I am a little disappointed because the carpet under the driver side has already pulled back and wire are showing, as well as the drivers seat underneath (my car only has 7k on it). The door rattles a little. There is no passenger handle to grab for assistance while getting in or for comfort while driving. There seems to be several blind spots. My biggest complaint is the ac. The vents only move down and you cant close them so you always have the air on you! my husband likes it cold so I am always uncomfortable when he drives

Favorite Features

its fun to drive and its flashy

Suggested Improvements

a/c vents, passenger ceiling handle, better job putting it together...

Expected Less - Got Much More
By Rick

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car because they were offering buyers incentives. I got much much more then I expected. Great pickup and handling; smooth ride and safe secure feeling when riding in the vehicle. Although the brakes could feel better, in two separate emergency situations they stopped me very quickly and I averted a collision.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, ride and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Better feel on the brake pedal.

Great Vehicle/Bad Mileage
By edge driver

2008 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great Vehicle. Looks Great, Drives Great. No problems so far. Gas Mileage Stinks!

Favorite Features

Styling

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage

Prove me wrong Ford
By Back to a Ford

2008 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I said I would never buy a Ford again after many years ago having a bad experience with a Ford Dealer. After two Toyota Camrys(great car) I purchased a Ford Edge 2008 new. It has been a short time only 3 months and I am loving it. I test drove the Lexus Rx350, Nissan Murano and a few others. I agree with many others Ford has a winner. No car is perfect but if it lasts me for serveral years and runs great I will buy another one. Time will tell! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Favorite Features

Love the vista roof and I think the inside gets a bad rap. I like it and think it looks sleek. My interior is the stone leather and light grey. I got in a Honda CRV but I did not want test drive it because the inside looked so cheesy even though it is a good car. I love the 22inch wheels very showy

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage can be better but I am glad it does take regular. Some of the colors look aliitle cheap. Ford-- stay with classic colors that look stunning. Trendy colors can make a car look cheap and the car will look dated fast.

Good, but not great
By VekinTexas

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I felt compelled to buy an American car due to the current economic crises. This is my first Ford & I really liked the exterior design. The car drove good & overall the interior is comfortable & roomy. After 8 months of ownership, I wish I'd bought foreign. While I have had no major issues, I feel American cars are still behind in design & quality. The AC is pathetic. The driver side does not blow. This is a bad thing in Texas. I inquired @ the dealership I have my oil changed @, the service manager told me it was a design flaw & they had tons of complaints, but there was no fixes for the issue. Not what I wanted to hear. The dashboard gauges are hard to see in low lighting conditions.

Favorite Features

The exterior design is very appealing. The overall size of this car is good. Not too big & not too small. The interior is a clean design & is functional.

Suggested Improvements

The air conditioner needs major improvement. Rear window on the hatch does not open. Gas mileage.