2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
A++
By Brooker on 09/28/08 15:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I test drove many crossover SUV's when we were searching for a new car and when we happened upon the Edge, it was love at first site. It's roomy enough for my husband, who is a large guy, to sit in either the front or back comfortably and the panaramic sunroof is great. But most importantly, it's fun to drive! Keep producing this king of vehicle Ford, you hit a homerun with this one!

Love My Edge
By Patricia on 09/22/08 07:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Edge. I'm a little nervous. It's in the shop after only four weeks with transmission problems. I'm hoping it's a fluke thing and when it's fixed I will regain my confidence in the car and will still love it.

Wow, Ford built a winner
By Terry on 09/14/08 11:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Edge after a very bad experience with a Toyota. I have had my Edge for only three weeks and have over 3,000 miles on it. I drove it from Michigan to Maine on vacation. The Edge handled flawlessly. It was very comfortable and except for a little wind noise at 45-50 mph from the outside mirrors is was like driving a luxury car. The looks, vista roof, audio system and overall driving experience still make me smile. There were no issues of quality at delivery. There are none now. I hope this is an omen of things to come. It looks great,it handles well, is very comfortable. As long as I stay around 70 on the road I get about 24.6 miles to the gallon. Good Job Ford.

I'm in love!
By EH78 on 08/27/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After having our first baby three months ago we decided we needed something bigger. I usually have my husband's help but he will soon be deployed so I needed something big enough to carry everything and anything (including two Ridgebacks). I had looked at several SUVs (Honda, BMW, Toyota, Hyundai etc.) and settled for the Edge.

Better Brakes
By PM on 08/26/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is only the second Ford I have owned in 35 years. Never cared for their stylings until now. Am enjoying everything about this car except the braking distance. I live in a deer prone area and have had four accidents due to them over the years. I really need great brakes! The Edge must improve in this category. Can't believe for the level of this automobile that Ford didn't have a higher standard when it came to such an important feature. Mileage isn't too bad, but can still be improved upon.

Edge - Best find so far
By TASully on 08/25/08 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just got an Edge Limited (no nav) and I am extremelly impressed with the car. Looks great and rides even better. Tons of room in the back seat and very comfortable seats. A/C and brakes seem fine to me, no problem at all so far. Sync is awesome - reception is better than mobile and convenient. Panoramic view is super-cool, kids love it! It's been a long time since I've come home with a car without some buyer's remorse - not this time!

Great Vehicle!
By MacAtac on 08/14/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Truly designed with the driver in mind. From the amenities and comfort of the interior to the way it handles and performs on both city streets and open highways, this is one impressive vehicle! Acceleration and maneuverability beats Saturn, Chevrolet, Toyota and Honda in comparable class vehicles and at a great price. We purchased the base model SE, but all the extras like MicroSoft Sync, top of the line sound system with a 6 CD changer, radio and cruise control in the steering wheel, roof rack, anti-theft system, etc. this vehicle is in a class of its own. The ride is extremely comfortable; cruising at 70 mph feels like you're going 30 or 35 and bumps are almost unnoticeable.

The most room for a crossover
By courtney on 08/13/08 12:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Ford Edge. The room in it is amazing. The most room you'll find for your money. And this is one of the most affordable SUV/CUVs. I have 2 kids and this fits all 4 of us comfortably

Happily on Edge
By On Edge on 08/11/08 13:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my Edge. I went from a convertible Sebring to an Edge. Being able to see the road is awesome. I love the Sync and Sirius Satellite. I am going on a road trip and can hardly wait to see how she handles on the highway. Right now she's a city girl. The ride in is so smooth, I don't hardly want to get out when I get to work. She's turning heads all over the place. I love my Edge!

Poor AC not appropriate for hot climates
By charles on 08/06/08 22:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned 7 vehicles and the Edge has the worst AC by far. Have to keep it on max fan and max ac all the time here in TX and still sweat. Lots of power, soft suspension and low road noise. Vehicle feels like your driving a boat, a floating vs driving sensation.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.