Used 2008 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Amazing Crossover
By Gina

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I Love my Edge! This is a wonderful winter vehicle for Montana. Heated leather is the best. I love the fact that it rides so smoothly and quietly even on some pretty bad roads. I haven't had any problems with it. This is a very great SUV. I looked at a lot of others but I felt the safest in this puppy. Great room for my sons car seat and stroller. Love you people from Ford.

Leather seats, Smooth riding, Quiet, Pretty car, roomy!

Nothing !

Awesome SUV--- I want another one!!!!!
By Leotus

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Plenty of power and does well in the N.E. winters. Vista roof is awesome along with the power rear gate. Not too many flaws in this puppy.

Too many to list.

The Edge needs a grab handle above the front passenger window to assist entry.

Ford Edge Limited
By Mike

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very practical. Lots of compliments on looks in and out. Ride is a bit stiff with the 20" whl option. Could handle a bit better if your giving up a plush ride. Plenty of go but TERRIBLE mileage for a V6. How others on here get 23+mpg is beyond me when mine doesn't even get 22mpg with cruise on at 60mph on the highway. I get 15city/20highway regularly. Car is too heavy at 4300lbs but strangely the doors are too light and slam shut too easily. Had a problem known to ford with drivers side heat not getting as hot as the passengers. heater core replaced. fixed. Others on here complain about warm A/C but strangely mine is mind numbing COLD! I have to turn it down in 95 degree weather often.

Audi-like interior in Limited with leather. AWD great in Massachusetts winter. Plenty of pickup. SYNC works well with bluetooth features.

Gas mileage stinks. Either give me 265hp with better mileage or give me a full 300hp for the mileage im getting now like the new camaro V6 is getting. No 1234 gear selection or paddle shifting like the fusion? Gear selection is nice for hills in winter or when towing. Only D for drive or L for 1st.

08 Ford Edge SEL
By Amanda

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only owned my edge for a couple months. I had a Hyundai elantra and wanted a bigger vehicle since I just had a little girl. I love the room in the edge. I was looking at a few suvs and most of them still looked just as crammed as my car did once I put the car seat in. This crossover has plenty of room for the car seat and plenty of cargo space for my stroller and anything else I might need to take along with me. Also love that it has ac vents in the back so I don't have to worry about my little girl burning up. It's very comfortable even in the back seats. Gas mileage could use some improvement though. I usually get about 22-24 on the highway and about 16-18 in the city.

6 disc in dash cd, ac in the back, comfortable, roomy, fun to drive

ac vents for driver could use some improvement. They don't hit you. gas mileage

I love my Edge!!
By Teenda

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love driving my edge. I traded in a Jetta for it to deal with the winters and I was tired of a manual transmission. I have now found out I am an SUV woman and will probably always be one. My edge was broken into once so the pass window was smashed in but that isn't a manufacturers defect. My cruise control did stop functioning but it was replaced under warranty. As for fuel mileage - I drive to quick to give an accurate answer. I love the stability and comfort I feel while driving my Edge vs. driving a Jetta which was low to the ground and a rough ride. LOVE LOVE LOVE MY EDGE!

Cabin room, Exterior visual appeal, Comfort of the seats, Reclining rear seat, We can fit 5 mtn bikes in the back (we love biking)

Vents by stereo can't be turned off. I feel like this car also has a huge blind spot (but that could be because I was used to a Jetta before this vehicle)