Used 2008 Ford Edge SEL SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Good Crossover
By sea1967

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now have over 100K on my Edge. Very happy with it overall. Getting 26.6mpg according to computer in mixed driving.

Heated seats, compass, strereo

Cancel button for cruise control, heated mirrors

A Very Luxurious Vehicle
By robey_1

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Ford Edge in October 2010; about 10 months ago. So far, I am very happy. There was only one issue that I had which was covered under my auto Tran. This vehicle drives very smooth, like a car, and is very comfortable. The leather interior and the beautiful exterior (powder blue) gives this vehicle a very luxurious look. People cannot believe when I tell them that the vehicle was just under $20,000. Overall, I would highly recommend the Edge as it is like a luxury vehicle without the price tag!

I really like the Sync capabilities; however, I have yet to use the phone setting. I really love the leather seats and the automatc driver side seats. The heated seats are great for winter too. The rear seat fold forward to make tons of room for anything you may need to load. I have moved a few times and the load capacity has really helped keep the trips to a minimum.

Air conditioned seats would be really great!

Thank You Ford!
By Happy Edge Owner

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving many different cross overs, I decided on the Edge. It was the most comfortable to drive, had more to offer than the others and for a good price too. I custom built my SEL in White Sands, Tan w/black stitching interior, Sync that works better than my husbands Acura TL, Rear Lift gate, Towing package that gave me a bigger radiator, Roof Rack, and more. Back seats offer flexibility by lowering one or both. Plenty of room for hauling stuff. I've had it for two years now, taken it on long trips with no problems. I like to ask my husband "have I told you how much I love my Edge lately? It's by far the best vehicle I've ever had.

Sync, Auto Rear Hatch, Comfort, sporty good looks, good acceleration, lights that turn on inside & out when I unlock it, not too big, just the right size.

The air conditioning output could be better on the drivers side.

would buy again
By nice ride

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

i think one best suv on the market .smooth ride and lots room

i was surprised at all the room in the back lots of leg room.

big blind spot

08 Ford Edge SEL
By Amanda

2008 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only owned my edge for a couple months. I had a Hyundai elantra and wanted a bigger vehicle since I just had a little girl. I love the room in the edge. I was looking at a few suvs and most of them still looked just as crammed as my car did once I put the car seat in. This crossover has plenty of room for the car seat and plenty of cargo space for my stroller and anything else I might need to take along with me. Also love that it has ac vents in the back so I don't have to worry about my little girl burning up. It's very comfortable even in the back seats. Gas mileage could use some improvement though. I usually get about 22-24 on the highway and about 16-18 in the city.

6 disc in dash cd, ac in the back, comfortable, roomy, fun to drive

ac vents for driver could use some improvement. They don't hit you. gas mileage