2008 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
2008 Edge SEL
By hmayan on 08/30/12 08:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good car over all. Bought it new and owned it now for 4 years. Pleasant to drive. Interior design is a bit poor. I saw a 2012 model and they made a lot of improvements. Gas millage is worse than advertised which is the biggest drawback for me. I get 16-17 mixed according to computer, from day 1.

Not so good...
By nivek3 on 04/09/12 16:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After never owning a Ford, I decided to give them a try. Initially I thought it was a good car, but little by little I began to hate it. The Build quality is crap. The interior is made of very cheap plastic and fit is poor. Even worse is the air conditioning. I unfortunately bought the Edge during the winter, so the AC was not a priority at that point. Then came the Texas heat. The Air conditioner makes lots of noise but never puts out air. The dealership said there was nothing they could do since it was due to the design. So I now own a VW and love it.

Good Crossover
By sea1967 on 10/14/11 20:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now have over 100K on my Edge. Very happy with it overall. Getting 26.6mpg according to computer in mixed driving.

A Very Luxurious Vehicle
By robey_1 on 08/30/11 10:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Ford Edge in October 2010; about 10 months ago. So far, I am very happy. There was only one issue that I had which was covered under my auto Tran. This vehicle drives very smooth, like a car, and is very comfortable. The leather interior and the beautiful exterior (powder blue) gives this vehicle a very luxurious look. People cannot believe when I tell them that the vehicle was just under $20,000. Overall, I would highly recommend the Edge as it is like a luxury vehicle without the price tag!

Great Car - Fun to Drive
By illini025 on 07/30/11 12:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car. Fun to drive, and the AWD handles great in the snow and ice. We bought it new and now have 40K miles on it. We can fit a ton in this car too. We have two kids in car seats, and make frequent overnight trips with strollers, luggage, etc. Our only problem so far has been the power lift gate would not stay up at times (around 30K miles). Dealer fixed it (under warranty) with a computer reset and its worked perfectly ever since. We would definitely recommend the Edge!

Transmission
By Maverick on 09/02/10 08:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have 46,000 km and have had problems since picking it up with transmission and we find out today a sensor is being replaced already good that it is under warranty.

Poor AC Flow
By AD on 08/14/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very much in love with my Edge, except for the poor AC flow. It worked great for a year and now I can't get it above 80 degrees. We all sweat in my car and bought a fan to put in the back seat. Hopefully Ford can fix this problem and not let a good car go to waste!

Love My Edge
By Joy Churchwell on 08/03/10 10:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very smooth ride - great handling - lots of compliments on car looks and color, Creme Brulee is very posh!

Corroded rims
By caroline on 07/25/10 00:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My chrome rims started peeling in 2009. My dealer stated that the rims were dirty. I did not want any lengthy discussion with the dealers resistance so I thought I would bring it to another dealer - knowing that others have had their rims replaced for the same problem I did not think this would work out to be an ordeal. After dealing with job change, divorce and cancer within my immediate family the vehicle was not the most pressing concern. Bringing my car back to the dealer at 38,000 miles - out of warranty- the corroded rims are undeniable but the dealer will not change the rims since it is out of warranty. Ford co's response is that this issue is between me and the dealer.

Awesome Ride
By Coach on 07/18/10 16:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had my Edge for 2 yrs. No issues what so ever. SYNC is the best invention EVER! Have no issues mating any phones with the sync system. Nav system is easy to use. The seats are more comfortable than my wife's new Cadillac SRX . One and only one issue that keeps raising its head is the trim on the roof (panoramic roof) rattles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.