LOVE LOVE LOVE my C-Max Energi
By rlt7020 on
2013 Ford C-Max Energi SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Stepped out of an '11 Prius lift gate into the C-Max Energi. No comparison. Build quality on the Energi is superb, not the tin can experience I left behind. Don't get me wrong; the Pri was a great car, but this car should have a Lincoln badge on it. C-Max feeds data and info to me I have craved. I've learned to finesse the pedal to maximize range & you will, too. More mass with this car equals better coasting and a solid solid feel. I catch myself having qualms about being in a mini-SUV b/c of the higher seating position, then remind myself 'it's OK' - the seating position and view is awesome. Interior quality is upscale. I thank Ford for giving us in the USA a taste of the European Focus.
Favorite Features
I like to think that I'm giving a little bit back to the fine people of Michigan who built my Energi: Thank You. I'm an analyst by nature, and the data feed C-Max Energi provides is awesome. Love the summary at the end of each drive over how many miles were EV, total EV miles driven, and energy used. Eery how C-Max Energi starts learning your driving locations and adjusts itself to maximize energy conservation. I personally like the SYNC system - it comes intuitively to me, and I will find myself sitting in the driveway scrolling through screens reviewing the data, setting settings, etc. Love how I feel like this is my new, upscale London taxi cab to take the family. Solid build and feel.
Suggested Improvements
Seating surfaces are firm; I sometimes feel that my lumbar support is not fully deflated (I hate lumbar support). I think the leather needs to be softened somewhat (which is okay - I'd rather have to wear it in than it be thin and flimsy to begin with). Some people complain about the intrusion of the lith-ion battery in the hatch - I don't have a problem with it. Work around it, people! If you need to haul something larger than will fit through the rear opening, you shouldn't be spoiling your nice Energi doing such errands in the first place! I do also worry about future reliability; something I didn't experience in the Prius. I'd like to believe Ford got it right with this beautiful car.