2010 Dodge Challenger Consumer Review: Purrrrfect

2010 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Review

Purrrrfect
By JP on

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just got mine! Read 39 reviews, 37 great, 2 fair: discount the 2 dummies. Had a '65 Olds 442 in college and years after,cried when I traded it. No longer crying. This is deep water blue R/T, 6 speed. Fun to drive and an eye catcher, but an investment and will hold its value, besides being driven like with TLC by an "old man". Had checked out Mustangs and Camaros (seemed plastic) and Challengers last Spring. Specked out the ideal Challenger, and this one shows up at the local dealer!! Only had a chance to drive it on one trip. My guess is the mpg will beat my wife's 07 Nitro R/T, as mine runs at 70 mph at 1500 rpm vs 2500 rpm. Criticisms are the weight, but love the solid feel on the pavement.

Favorite Features

It has the Customer Preferred Package. I prefer no glitzy crap. Don't need the fancy expensive radio, would rather hear the rumble and the roar. Has about all I need, except: direction and temp, miles to empty, MPG on the go, and sun roof, which can be added later at will.

Suggested Improvements

Move the window sprayers from the middle of the hood to under the back of the hood. Remove the R/T on the black side tape and continue the black side tapes to the back fender. Put a red R/T emblem, like on the grill,to under the side front fender "Challenger", so it is really like the "60's".