Used 2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Best Minivan
By Ron

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My second Dodge minivan. Rides and drives better than any car. Very good gas mileage for the size vehicle. The front seats are very comfortable, especially on long trips. Easy to park. No problems with either van I owned. For the price, you can not beat it. I recommend this minivan to any that wants a comfortable and safe vehicle.

Comfortable front seats

Short wheel base. Should have Stow and Go.

Dodge SWB Caravan
By teckelwood

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My '05 SXT(SWB) Caravan is responsive, easy to park and handle, and very comfy. Quiet inside, and a pleasure for me (6'2") and my wife (5'4") to drive. We are in our mid seventies, and are fond of Dodge minivans. Quad seats are a pleasure to move around and sit in. This is a great car for our older bodies with comfort and performance in mind.

Short wheelbase, quad seats, console with temp and direction, exceptional forward visibility, tape and CD players

Daylight driving lights

Highway mileage joke
By squareorbit

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Caravan because our '95 Caravan had 190,000 miles and had a transmission problem. Our 2005 Caravan is supposed to be able to get up to 27 miles per gallon on the highway. The only way you can get milage like that is to be going down a steep mountain. We get 17 to 18 miles per gallon. We will not be buying another Chrysler product.

Great Value, Great Van, Great Economy.
By BillMcguire

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van with 21,000 miles on it used. Now I have 59,000 on it and it has had no problems. Many of the people I know drive Honda Oddyeses and Toyota Siennas and have many problems from electrical to axle problems. The Honda even lost the transmission at 42,000. My last Dodge Caravan was a 1998 and I just sold it with 213,500 miles on it and I did the transmission at 198,000. The resale isn't better in the long term on the Honda and Toyota product, you just pay more initially and it seems that way. In 5 years they are worth about the same. I sold my '98 caravan for 8k after 7 years of faithful driving.

Economy, power, reliability is bulletproof.

Advertise better. Dodge has a great product but they need to show everyone they really have a superior product.

Better than I thought!
By Dovey

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van in high hopes that the whole family would be comfortable. Our son who is only 14 yet over 6 feet tall finds that he has plenty of space, both kids and even the dog are happy on long trips now due to the seating and DVD feature. My daughter loves that she can watch a movie and we can be listening to the radio at the same time. I enjoy driving the van, it is very comfortable and user friendly. My husbands favorite feature is the stow and go seating, we can change arrangment at any given time for our convience. Never thought I would enjoy a mini van.